What's new

Do you rinse between passes?

Some times I do. But most of the time, I don't. When I do, its to feel and see how close the shave is going. It also helps me control the hydration level of the lather.

I'm a head and face shaver and I shave in the shower. After the first pass, I briefly turn on the water to rinse. I do one more face pass and two head passes then turn the shower back on again to full rinse everything off. With head shaving I feel I really need to rinse between passes.

I always do. Just a quick wipe with a facecloth. Helps me see and feel any areas I might be missing that need extra attention during the next pass.

Yeah I do but I'm thinking of stopping. Seems like waste of water and time. Comments?

I think it's a way to make adjustments to your shave. Not every shave is the same. So why restrict yourself by saying that you only do one or the other, especially for touch-ups?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I used to. But then I figured out the extra water on the face thinned the lather for the second pass. Then I stopped.

Basic answer- No, 90+% of the time

I might wipe off some lather under my nose or bottom of my neck (without water)

OR if I have more than 4 days beard growth and the first pass was a light touch just to shorten the hairs and not remove them. Then I rinse and apply lather.

I rinse between passes, and push the excess water off my face leaving it damp. I can feel where the next application of lather needs to go. I feel it cuts down the potential for creating razor burn in areas that don't need another pass.

Top Bottom