What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" August 24th - August 30th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arko August Part XV, Rubbed Stick...
(Just rubbed the stick on the bottom of the bowl and lathered up)
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Farewell Shave

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Cream: Santa Maria Novella
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Swede (1)
Scent: Musgo Real Classic

On Friday evening, I lost my dearest friend, after a ten year battle with cancer. I was privileged to be holding his hand as he slipped away. We were inseparable since schoolboys.
He was a passionate wet shaver, but too shy to do much posting.

His Wife asked me if I could shave him on his final day; a great honour that I gladly accepted. Unfortunately, his birth razor was at his home. He had a two week growth, so I needed some blade gap.
The Futur was one of his favourite razors, so I packed it up with a selection of gear and headed to the hospital, where I shaved him, and stayed with him until the end.

Tonight, I reproduce the shave, as a tribute to my dear friend.

Rest easy, my Brother.

proxy.php

Farewell Shave

Prep:
Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Cream: Santa Maria Novella
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Swede (1)
Scent: Musgo Real Classic

On Friday evening, I lost my dearest friend, after a ten year battle with cancer. I was privileged to be holding his hand as he slipped away. We were inseparable since schoolboys.
He was a passionate wet shaver, but too shy to do much posting.

His Wife asked me if I could shave him on his final day; a great honour that I gladly accepted. Unfortunately, his birth razor was at his home. He had a two week growth, so I needed some blade gap.
The Futur was one of his favourite razors, so I packed it up with a selection of gear and headed to the hospital, where I shaved him, and stayed with him until the end.

Tonight, I reproduce the shave, as a tribute to my dear friend.

Rest easy, my Brother.

I'm so sorry for your loss, brother.

Tuesday, 8/25:

20200825_101039.jpg

Razor - Gillette Flare Tip Super Speed
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - WCS Infinity 26mm Abyss synthetic
Soap - Wholly Kaw Pompelmo
A/S - Stirling Baker Street

What a great shave this razor gives. Paired with a good blade and lather, it just coasts. Feels pleasantly mild but does a good job giving a nice smooth shave. Brush has a great synth knot in it; looks like a Boss, but way softer and easier to splay. Made a great lather in the bowl. Finished off with Baker Street splash, and wow: the citrus/oakmoss/amber mix was incredible. Great shave.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Tue, Aug 25th 2020

Razor: Razorock Game changer .84- Mfg 2018>Excellent mid range & very nice with a Kai SS blade combination just to make it what I always wanted from this razor & that is a 2 pass with pickups BBS. Very happy with this combination of razor & blade.
Blade: KAI SS (11)- Excellent blade(still testing longevity), .009 thousand of a inch wider for>blade exposure,
excellent longevity, sharp & smooth, worth the extra money to have a few tucks to give your mild razors a boost if you want that extra blade feel.
Soap: Tabac- Just a excellent soap with great lather qualities- Scent is OK for myself?Rarely get weepers from Tabac!
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow brown whiskers 26mm synthetic- excellent lather maker with nice soft tips for painting lather.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX spalsh with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my RR GC .84 + KAI SS blade combo.
DE SOTD, Tue, Aug 25th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom