What's new

Anniversary Contest - TEN years!

View attachment 1136914

The time has arrived Gentlemen! Random.org has selected our ten winners and they are:

@Timeclo, @Toothpick, @TARHEEL_85, @JCarr, @sneefy, @Lightcs1776, @Ted A, @Graydog, @Tanuki, @1Speedster

If you are a winner go to our website and pick out one item of your choice: All Products — Captain's Choice - https://www.captainschoicestore.com/all

Email us your selection at: [email protected]

When you do, please:

1. Include your avatar / screen name
2. Tell us your selection
3. Please include your shipping address

Thank you to all who have participated and a big thanks to our customers and retailers who have supported us for the past ten years. You are the ones who make it all possible and for that we are grateful.
Thank you very much! Email sent!

This is my first post hear on badger and blade. I have my ten year first date anniversary with my wonderful wife in September. We will be going to a park to hike to enjoy the outdoors. Spending time in quite in nature is very relaxing with the others half of me. Hopefully we can find a nice restaurant who serves high quality steaks . I think she enjoys a good steak more than I . She is intoxicated with the scent of vanilla and lavender any recommendations for a soap aftershave balm combo. I have eczema so i have to be very careful proraso sensitive skin lites me up like a Christmas tree even if i just lather and don't shave. Wholly kaw bare lines are excellent for me however i would like to try to incorporate scents. By the way Merry Christmas in the blink of an eye we will be there. To anyone reading this my hope is that you have a day filled with peace and joy that transcends understanding.

A big THANK YOU to the Captain for putting on this contest. I can't believe that I was one of those lucky enough to be chosen as a winner. Congratulations as well to all the other winners.

This is my first post hear on badger and blade. I have my ten year first date anniversary with my wonderful wife in September. We will be going to a park to hike to enjoy the outdoors. Spending time in quite in nature is very relaxing with the others half of me. Hopefully we can find a nice restaurant who serves high quality steaks . I think she enjoys a good steak more than I . She is intoxicated with the scent of vanilla and lavender any recommendations for a soap aftershave balm combo. I have eczema so i have to be very careful proraso sensitive skin lites me up like a Christmas tree even if i just lather and don't shave. Wholly kaw bare lines are excellent for me however i would like to try to incorporate scents. By the way Merry Christmas in the blink of an eye we will be there. To anyone reading this my hope is that you have a day filled with peace and joy that transcends understanding.
Welcome from West Tennessee.

8/19/42

I have a lot of anniversaries in my life, and while a lot of them are important... probably the one that REALLY sticks for me is the day I quit smoking.

Not just because of my health... or the money... or any of the obvious things, but it was also the day I started to take control of my life and plant the seeds of my worth. It was a trigger that helped me recognize the abusive relationship I was in and work to find an exit.

That said, there are still days where I'm completely positive a smoke would be a great idea (not many, and not too intensely, but more like - I just miss it sometimes, you know?)

I see that Land Ho aftershave is available on the Captain's site. The Reserve, Soap and Cream are pending. Just waiting until they are available to pull the trigger. I think I'll be adding one of those copper lather bowls this time around.

I see that Land Ho aftershave is available on the Captain's site. The Reserve, Soap and Cream are pending. Just waiting until they are available to pull the trigger. I think I'll be adding one of those copper lather bowls this time around.

Thanks Ted, we do appreciate the loyal customers out there.

Here is a rough timeline on the other products in the Land Ho! scent...

RESERVE Land Ho! - as you know, the scent is settled and we have the labels. We are just finalizing what the look will be for RESERVE. It is important that it look distinctly different so customers are aware visually that the scent is not the same. We are 90% there. The words "RESERVE" will be commercially printed rather than taped on like the mock up you see here. What do you think?

IMG_3624.jpg

Shave Balm - we are sorting out just the right fragrance concentration. Labels ought to arrive in a few days. With luck the Land Ho! shave balm will be available mid-September.

Shaving Cream - formula is settled but we can't get lids for the container.

Shaving Soap - formula is settled but cannot get lids for the container.

These last two are a function of worldwide logistics issues. It was not easy to get the containers themselves but we did. Then the lids were not able to be sourced. Plenty of drama but such is life in the world of small business.

Back when we had the North scent one of the ingredients was juniper essential oil. We nearly had to suspend production because it was not available, "due to civil unrest in Croatia." Seriously. I had to get out a map to FIND Croatia. :blink: So worldwide events can have a direct impact. Sometimes it is the weather, sometimes political uncertainty.

Last edited:
Thanks Ted, we do appreciate the loyal customers out there.

Here is a rough timeline on the other products in the Land Ho! scent...

RESERVE Land Ho! - as you know, the scent is settled and we have the labels. We are just finalizing what the look will be for RESERVE. It is important that it look distinctly different so customers are aware visually that the scent is not the same. We are 90% there. The words "RESERVE" will be commercially printed rather than taped on like the mock up you see here. What do you think?

View attachment 1144556

Shave Balm - we are sorting out just the right fragrance concentration. Labels ought to arrive in a few days. With luck the Land Ho! shave balm will be available mid-September.

Shaving Cream - formula is settled but we can't get lids for the container.

Shaving Soap - formula is settled but cannot get lids for the container.

These last two are a function of worldwide logistics issues. It was not easy to get the containers themselves but we did. Then the lids were not able to be sourced. Plenty of drama but such is life in the world of small business.

Back when we had the North scent one of the ingredients was juniper essential oil. We nearly had to suspend production because it was not available, "due to civil unrest in Croatia." Seriously. I had to get out a map to FIND Croatia. :blink: So worldwide events can have a direct impact. Sometimes it is the weather, sometimes political uncertainty.
I can't wait!

How about 20 years of opening day trout fishing camping trip with my Bros. We dubbed it the troutfest. We even had t-shirts made.

Holy cow... HOLY COW! I've been using your products for 10 years now?! That blows my mind, I still remember you posting about changes you were making to the formula based on feedback from the testers.

Anniversary I remember? Apparently none, because this one seems really freaking awesome right now. Glad to see you guys are killing it still.

Well, the 1-year anniversary of the first time me and my boyfriend met. It was 1 month ago. I love him so much! We've been living together for a few months now.🥰

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Well, the 1-year anniversary of the first time me and my boyfriend met. It was 1 month ago. I love him so much! We've been living together for a few months now.🥰
Contest has ended, but welcome to the forum and good luck in your relationship!

Hey hearty congratulations for staying strong for 10long years wish you all the best for the future.

My best Anniversary would be the time i resigned my dead work by just hanging the card on my computer and leaving for the day.

I was fed up to the core with the kind of treatment they offered,the work ethics the environment etc.

In the first week of feb i celebrate my anniversary of resigning my job and it's been 5 yrs being self employed.

All the best for everyone

Top Bottom