What's new

THE THIN BLUE SMOKE THREAD XII

I think that some people just like saying spatchcock. :)
I know I spatchcock

Wanted to try ribs a bit different tonight, so I did them higher keeping around 270. I put a rub on them last night and let them sit in the pit on a rib rack the whole time. No sauce (will use on the side) no wrap nothing, I do have a molasses based rub I sprinkled here at the end to let rest (which it's doing now) and give them a shot. Love the look and colour I got this time.

I also used the angle of my dangle to read for pulling them off the pit.

IMG_20200819_204256.jpg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Rib Day!

20200822_114146.jpg

The one in front has mustard, Worcestershire, salt, pepper, and Texas BBQ Rub - Texas Wild (I love that stuff). The other one is just S&P with a little garlic powder.

It's too busy a day to run the offset, I'm sorry to say, so their on the pellet cooker.

What, What? There's even a meat smoking bunch here at B&B? Ha! I just recently picked up a GMG Davy Crockett. Sure is easy compared to my offset smoker. Almost too easy. It's like it doesn't need me. I think it's more fun using the offset, but I am smoking much more often with the pellet grill. It's almost 'set it & forget it'!

What, What? There's even a meat smoking bunch here at B&B? Ha! I just recently picked up a GMG Davy Crockett. Sure is easy compared to my offset smoker. Almost too easy. It's like it doesn't need me. I think it's more fun using the offset, but I am smoking much more often with the pellet grill. It's almost 'set it & forget it'!

Glade you found this. Hope you post some pic's of your BBQ's here.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius

I agree. It's almost too easy. I love running my offset, but it's tough to get a day (even these days) when I can tend it properly. I pretty much have to plan it.

The great thing about the pellet cooker is that I can wake up in the morning and say "I feel like doing some ribs" and not rearrange my day or scramble. Throw in that I can put in brisket or butts before I go to bed and get several hours' sleep!

Top Bottom