What's new

Favorite EDC knive

The four knives that spend the most time in my pocket (top to bottom)

Benchmade 940 - This is the ultimate knife for me. Slim profile so it hides in the pocket well. The action and the blade are top notch.

Zero Tolerance 0450 - No other knife feels so well constructed. Super easy flipper with an elegant design.

Hogue Deka - This one really surprised me. The action on it is the best I've ever experienced. It's not a snap open, but rather a controlled glide. Totally effortless. Lightweight and feels great in the hand. They nailed it with this one.

Victorinox Tinker - Such a useful knife. This one has opened many boxes, pried off many paint cans, popped off many beer bottletops, and turned many screws.
IMG_20200721_230540.jpg

The top two of my favorite knives are from Schrade like

The schf9 for more of when I'm in the field due to the size and how durable it is. I love the grip and have been using this for almost a year.

The schf57 would be my edc, it's weird since it's not a folding knife but I love the weight and feel of it in my hands. I usually have it strapped to the back of my belt or velcro'd in my car when I'm driving

There are 3 of these same threads on the first page so ill just post in the most recent. Just got these...whenever something is new it becomes my favorite. Fixed handle, Shane Taylor MS
102527_1_x.jpg
102527_3_x.jpg

Rick Dunkerly MS folder
20200809_124455.jpg

The four knives that spend the most time in my pocket (top to bottom)

Benchmade 940 - This is the ultimate knife for me. Slim profile so it hides in the pocket well. The action and the blade are top notch.

Zero Tolerance 0450 - No other knife feels so well constructed. Super easy flipper with an elegant design.

Hogue Deka - This one really surprised me. The action on it is the best I've ever experienced. It's not a snap open, but rather a controlled glide. Totally effortless. Lightweight and feels great in the hand. They nailed it with this one.

Victorinox Tinker - Such a useful knife. This one has opened many boxes, pried off many paint cans, popped off many beer bottletops, and turned many screws. View attachment 1128844
i have a couple hogues and they are certainly different. my Reate is about as sharp as it gets and was a surprise

Overcast today so I decided on my Gray Ghost from Buck/SK Blades.

Attachments

• F71C3D7C-EAEF-4064-9747-8AAF10F21952.jpeg
    F71C3D7C-EAEF-4064-9747-8AAF10F21952.jpeg
    808.3 KB · Views: 11

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
These tend to be my most used pocket tools at present.

... though not all at the same time.

IMG_20200824_200726.jpg

The others I keep returning to, are this lightweight neck carry lanyard, when pockets are limited, or can't be trusted (shorts etc)...

IMG_20200824_201228.jpg

... or this slightly heavier combo, which can be neck worn or pocket carried (with lanyard hitched to a belt loop)

IMG_20200824_201127.jpg

My EDC is an old four-line Camillus Cutlery Navy Rope knife I have on my keychain -

20200831_154939.jpg
20200831_154859.jpg

She has seen a lot of hard use and better years but will still cut string and draw blood if I am not careful :oops:.

Tim

Not fancy but an Emerson mini CQC7 has been in my pocket for the last 6 years or so. I’ve tried to pick something else up numerous times but this one just works.

Top Bottom