What's new

Tradere Is Back

Ordered the Gen 2 SB Tradere razor today, as soon as I could. I very much appreciate that H&S has reintroduced the Tradere razors. I’m particularly glad that H&S reintroduced both the more aggressive Gen 1 OC and the more mild Gen 2 SB. Having purchased some more aggressive razors recently, I have rediscovered how much I enjoy shaving with more mild razors.

Ordered the Gen 2 SB Tradere razor today, as soon as I could. I very much appreciate that H&S has reintroduced the Tradere razors. I’m particularly glad that H&S reintroduced both the more aggressive Gen 1 OC and the more mild Gen 2 SB. Having purchased some more aggressive razors recently, I have rediscovered how much I enjoy shaving with more mild razors.

Lol this review is going up on the site!

But seriously, mistaken name or not, thank you for your order! I sincerely appreciate it. :)

It’s. not redemption, per se, but I figured out a “workaround” to this! I just “quoted” my earleir message, and then corrected it, and removed the quotation marks:

Ordered the Gen 2 SB Tradere razor today, as soon as I could. I very much appreciate that Blackland Razors has reintroduced the Tradere razors. I’m particularly glad that Blackland Razors reintroduced both the more aggressive Gen 1 OC and the more mild Gen 2 SB. Having purchased some more aggressive razors recently, I have rediscovered how much I enjoy shaving with more mild razors.

So, while I also like the products manufactured and sold by H&S, its Blackland Razors that gets my thanks and appreciation when it comes to the reintroduction of the Tradere razor!

Honestly, zero problem! I think it's hilarious and I still appreciate your thoughts when I plug "Blackland" in.

Shane, care to give us an idea of how the Tradere pre orders are going? Overwhelming or has the current climate caused lower than expected orders?

Cheers!

P.S. still drooling for mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi, I'm Richard Mason, the designer of the Tradere razors. I tried to get my original B&B account (Natchez) re-opened, but so far no luck. I am very proud and happy that Shane has gone into new production of the Tradere razors. Make no mistake, this are the original Tradere designs. The name Tradere was derived from latin and roughly translates to "leave something to posterity."

Blackland has the exclusive license to all the Tradere designs. Apparently, pre-sales are strong and I'm very pleased. The high prices of the Tradere razors on the secondary market have troubled me over the past few years- I originally made these razors as a hobby to be used by shavers, not to be kept as items for collectors.

Shane's willingness to bring my popular designs back is a credit to character of the man. He is an unassuming, caring, delightful young man dedicated to providing innovative, quality, shaving tools. After we first spoke, it was clear his motivation with the Traderes was to do something that would be appreciated and fun for shavers. So, his motivations now, match those I had a decade ago when I first conceived of making a razor. That moment was when I knew that Shane was the right fellow for the job. I have much enjoyed the Blackland razors he has sent me to try; they're really great to use. Most of all, I have truly enjoyed working with Shane on this project. He is the man who will carry Tradere into the future.

I hope you all have fun with the razors and I will eagerly watch the responses. Happy shaving!

Hi, I'm Richard Mason, the designer of the Tradere razors. I tried to get my original B&B account (Natchez) re-opened, but so far no luck. I am very proud and happy that Shane has gone into new production of the Tradere razors. Make no mistake, this are the original Tradere designs. The name Tradere was derived from latin and roughly translates to "leave something to posterity."

Blackland has the exclusive license to all the Tradere designs. Apparently, pre-sales are strong and I'm very pleased. The high prices of the Tradere razors on the secondary market have troubled me over the past few years- I originally made these razors as a hobby to be used by shavers, not to be kept as items for collectors.

Shane's willingness to bring my popular designs back is a credit to character of the man. He is an unassuming, caring, delightful young man dedicated to providing innovative, quality, shaving tools. After we first spoke, it was clear his motivation with the Traderes was to do something that would be appreciated and fun for shavers. So, his motivations now, match those I had a decade ago when I first conceived of making a razor. That moment was when I knew that Shane was the right fellow for the job. I have much enjoyed the Blackland razors he has sent me to try; they're really great to use. Most of all, I have truly enjoyed working with Shane on this project. He is the man who will carry Tradere into the future.

I hope you all have fun with the razors and I will eagerly watch the responses. Happy shaving!

Delighted to read your post Richard! I'm one of your first customers and I've been using my first generation OC Tradere ever since it was delivered. And every time I use it, I'm reminded how much I've come to enjoy my shaving rituals, largely because of my Tradere. It's been a delight to use and I'm grateful you decided to create something for posterity. All the best.

Wow this thread keeps getting better. Now the Original creator or the Tradere. Amazing. This is gonna be a painful wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wasn't planning on getting a Tradere, BUT (there is always a but here on B&B) I love my BB OC and, after reading this thread and the history of the Tradere, I went ahead and pre-ordered a Tradere OC. I also read @Ridpath 's review and that helped me decide because I figure at some point the Tradere plates will become available separately if I want to try the SB.

Finally, I really appreciated @Blackland Razors background information on the design, answering questions and reviving this razor with some tweaks that help to realize the original designer's intent.

I wasn't planning on getting a Tradere, BUT (there is always a but here on B&B) I love my BB OC and, after reading this thread and the history of the Tradere, I went ahead and pre-ordered a Tradere OC. I also read @Ridpath 's review and that helped me decide because I figure at some point the Tradere plates will become available separately if I want to try the SB.

Finally, I really appreciated @Blackland Razors background information on the design, answering questions and reviving this razor with some tweaks that help to realize the original designer's intent.

Thank you for your order! I’m sure you’re going to love it. We’re creeping ever closer. :)

proxy.php

Top Bottom