What's new

Looking for a Ylang Ylang centered A/S splash

I just purchased Eufros Ylang Ylang shave soap but don't have an aftershave splash to go with it. Does anyone know of an a/s splash that is centered around Ylang Ylang or that would compliment the soap? Thanks much for any tips or advice!

Brut is the classic ylang ylang fragrance, IMO. Wholly Kaw makes a nice Brut inspired aftershave and EDT that are very nice as well called La Fougère Parfaite.

Tallow + Steel Madagascar has LOTS of real ylang ylang essential oil. It's also in the same ballpark as the Eufros Ylang Ylang.

Ylang Ylang (54%) | Katrafay (28%) | Vanilla (10%) | Rose Geranium (5%) | Ravensara (3%) | 100% Essential Oils and Natural Extracts

Tallow + Steel Madagascar has LOTS of real ylang ylang essential oil.

Ylang Ylang (54%) | Katrafay (28%) | Vanilla (10%) | Rose Geranium (5%) | Ravensara (3%) | 100% Essential Oils and Natural Extracts

That’s a good one too, but they don’t make a splash do they?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
That’s a good one too, but they don’t make a splash do they?

They do make an Aftershave:

Brut is the classic ylang ylang fragrance, IMO. Wholly Kaw makes a nice Brut inspired aftershave and EDT that are very nice as well called La Fougère Parfaite.
Interesting, I don't really think of Y-Y as being a standout scent component of Brut (haven't read the scent pyramid for it tho, and I haven't used LFP yet).

I don't know of any straight Y-Y aftershaves, but ColdRiverSoapWorks Tropicos is pretty heavy on it to my nose. Mike's orange/bergamot/ylang-ylang is also a really nice scent and WCS sells the aftershave for it (made by Oleo).

Interesting, I don't really think of Y-Y as being a standout scent component of Brut (haven't read the scent pyramid for it tho, and I haven't used LFP yet).

I don't know of any straight Y-Y aftershaves, but ColdRiverSoapWorks Tropicos is pretty heavy on it to my nose. Mike's orange/bergamot/ylang-ylang is also a really nice scent and WCS sells the aftershave for it (made by Oleo).

Brut has a pretty prominent ylang ylang heart note. I often pair it with Tallow & Steel Madagascar shaving soap.

Madagascar has a very prominent ylang ylang note, but Tallow & Steel aftershaves are more like balms than traditional splashes.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips everyone. I think I'm going to give Mike's from WCS a shot first. I tend to prefer the alcohol based splashes so I'd probably prefer that to the Tallow and Steel Madagascar. If that doesn't hit the mark then I'll try some T&S.

Top Bottom