What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

It's been a busy couple of days..... Got a screaming hot deal on this lot of 9 basically sight unseen razors.... It'll be fun to clean them up when they come in! Only one of them looks like a dog, the rest look salvageable, well unless there are hidden cracks...
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

You guys can sure find 'em! I did a little birthday shopping on the French auction site today, since I had no French razors. Obviously, a situation that fairly screamed for remediation! The Le Grelot looks a little rough, but I'm hoping salvageable. It's really tough to find much info on the French razors. Probably a language thing?

nice acquisitions!!!!

camo

You did great .Tiger is one of my favorite Solingen brands .Awesome
quality .Problem is once you start using it .You will be spoiled and other brands of razors for the most part will not compare to the shave that yourTiger will deliver .

That isn't a razor it's a very rare artifact, about 100 years old, and seemingly never used. As mentioned above it's a top quality razor second to none. You got a great deal.

Whatever you do please don't practice honing on that razor. Having a Tiger razor as your first razor is like having a Porsche as your first car. Please drive carefully.

That isn't a razor it's a very rare artifact, about 100 years old, and seemingly never used. As mentioned above it's a top quality razor second to none. You got a great deal.

Whatever you do please don't practice honing on that razor. Having a Tiger razor as your first razor is like having a Porsche as your first car. Please drive carefully.
I must second this. I was thinking it, but Arne said it!

Thank you, everyone.

I didn't know it's that rare(I just read your thread about Puma and Tiger). Now I have to buy another one as I'm afraid to use it :)

Thank you, everyone.

I didn't know it's that rare(I just read your thread about Puma and Tiger). Now I have to buy another one as I'm afraid to use it :)
Lauterjung changed the brand name from Tiger to Puma in 1922 or 1923. I've got what I regard to be a nice collection of Puma razors. The last ten years I've been actively searching for Tiger razors too... so far I've found two.

I'd recommend a 5/8 or 6/8 Ralf Aust. They are excellent razors that are really good value for the money.

Top Bottom