What's new

Anniversary Contest - TEN years!

Congratulations on 10 years! And on your great products, service, and your commitment to the community that together made 10 successful years happen.

I'll celebrate the anniversary of my first job in tech. IBM mainframes, assembler language programming, and applying that esoterica to business problems. Dec 15, 1975. That led to starting my own consultancy practice and 35 years of constant learning and change. It paid for every aspect of my life since, even including some Captain's Choice products.

So here's to business anniversaries!

Congrats on 10 years!

I'm definitely in, and I would have to say that Dec 7, 2017 turned out to be mine and Mrs bigjeffb's most memorable anniversary.
On that date, she and I celebrated 20 years together, and on the same day, the puppy we would buy for our family was also born. He was ready for us to take home on Feb 3, 2018. Why else is that date significant? Because on that date, one of my favorite football players was inducted into the hall of fame: Brian Dawkins.
And Brian Dawkins' number? 20.
So we named him Dawkins.
And what happened the next night? My Eagles...FINALLY won a Super Bowl! And little Dawk was the only one who managed to stay awake with me to see it.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Ya know Cappy, after reading through this thread of all these happy saps braggin' on bein' married for X years, well.....it got me thinkin'.....

As most of y'all know, I've been happily married to my lovely wife, "the War Department" for about twenty years.

I figure that's worth an extra entry!

Ya see, we've been married over 32 years, but I'd say, if you were to add up all the not so good, unhappy days you'd come up with about 12 years.

So that's how I figured out I've been happily married for about 20 years.

Excuse me gents while I explain the new math to my bride.

If'n I ain't back in an hour call my mom.
Well......

My lovely bride, must still love me folks. She made my dinner tonight. She used a blender.

Doctor's orders. I'm on a liquid diet until my jaw heals. She told me to tell you fellas that we indeed have been happy for the entire 32 years, 1 month, 5 days, and 4 and a half hours.

Thanks so much for checking up on me @shavefan ! I could still be in the ditch for all the concern you showed!

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Well......

My lovely bride, must still love me folks. She made my dinner tonight. She used a blender.

Doctor's orders. I'm on a liquid diet until my jaw heals. She told me to tell you fellas that we indeed have been happy for the entire 32 years, 1 month, 5 days, and 4 and a half hours.

Thanks so much for checking up on me @shavefan ! I could still be in the ditch for all the concern you showed!
She could have done us a solid and broke a couple fingers as well......😉

What a fantastic idea for a contest to celebrate your 10 year anniversary. I'm definitely in.

I think the anniversary that means a great deal to me is the anniversary of when the summer camp I went to as a kid closed. This was back in the mid 1970s and the owner of the camp died during the winter of 1977/78. As a result the camp never opened again. It was a sad day for sure when I heard the news that she had passed and camp was finished for good. But that camp had a profound impact on me. It gave me an appreciation for nature given how remote the camp was in NY's Northern Adirondack Mountains. And each summer since I've always tried to find a way to get back up to the Adirondacks. Some years I would go with a friend backpacking. Other years I would go skiing with a girlfriend. When our son was younger I would take him canoe camping for several days. Pure heaven. And more recently I was lucky enough to find another camp that had a similar feel to it for my son to go to. He took to it like water. And each summer he was there, my wife and I would go up on visiting day and stay in a nice old inn overlooking Lake Champlain. This past year the group of former campers that had joined the Yahoo group devoted to the camp moved it to Facebook and all of a sudden the activity among those in the group skyrocketed. It's a nice way to keep connected to camp even though it's been closed for 43 years. And now I'm trying to find a way to buy a parcel of land on the lake the camp was on, preferably with a cabin that I can improve. I can see spending a fair amount of time up there. It's remote and quiet and spectacularly gorgeous. Fishing, swimming, canoeing, skiing, road and mountain biking, trail running. It's all there just waiting for me. So, I suppose it is less of an anniversary than it is a daily quest that I hope to achieve.

Well......

So sorry to hear about your mishap. I hope you heal up quickly.

Congratulations on 10 years....
My first anniversary with my wife. We went out to eat and got some favorites and they brought us a little anniversary dessert. After we got home we did the traditional normal first with a bottle of wine and the top layer of our cake..

Well......

So relieved to hear that you're both ok and that the blender still works.

(And here's hoping that the dent in the bottom of her frypan can be popped back out - or you could get her a shiny new replacement for your VERY HAPPY 33rd.)

Congrats on your first decade!

One memorable wedding anniversary for me was in the early fall of 2008. I took SWMBO up to Lake Tahoe for an afternoon horseback trail ride overlooking the lake, then a dinner dance cruise, and to stay overnight in a luxury cabin. We had a great time on the ride and cruise. After supper when we returned to the room, the mood started getting really nice. Then loud banging began outside the room. She began to get nervous and told me to go take a look. I looked and didn't see anything, but she was not convinced and went to look for herself. I think the bear was more surprised than she was. Needless to say the mood dissipated on our $300 anniversary date :001_rolle .

Congratulations on 10 years! Quite the feat.

A memorable anniversary for me would be my move up to the Inland NW in the spring of ‘82. For the most part, I have been here ever since while having had the opportunity (for a time) to travel the country. I’m totally content with where I happened to land. :)

Congratulations--you make great products, so I hope you have many more anniversaries to come.

My wife and I just celebrated our 27th anniversary. It wasn't a normal celebration, for sure! We ordered take-out from one of her favorite restaurants then ate it at a quiet picnic table in a nearby park. It was nice to be out and certainly memorable.

Congrats on 10 great years.

Being on the optimistic side, I’m looking ahead to the full year 2021. That will mark 60 years of marriage to my high school sweetheart ❤️, 20 years of pleasant retirement 😎 , and, hopefully, I’ll be able to take this blasted mask off 😁 .

Congrats on a wonderful decade! I would love to be included, thank you cap'n!

Like many here, the anniversary of marrying my beautiful wife stands out. We've been married for 17 years. So so many memorable moments including having two wonderful daughters, buying two houses, sharing countless experiences, and supporting each other through too many difficult times.

I remember our first Anniversary we went away. Still starting out, and with a little one just in the picture, it was difficult. Nonetheless, we have a great time, because we had each other. I recall I tried to put a poem in the local paper where we were going, a little ad in the announcement section, as a surprise for her. Unfortunately someone screwed up and it never ran. I looked like a crazy person demanding we get a paper in a town we didn't live for no known good reason. Lol. Luckily enough the paper realized it and sent us a copy when they did run it.

FarmerTan

So relieved to hear that you're both ok and that the blender still works.

(And here's hoping that the dent in the bottom of her frypan can be popped back out - or you could get her a shiny new replacement for your VERY HAPPY 33rd.)
I'm shtoopid, not suicidal.

I'm blessed to have her.

I just like my blessings a little less often!

FarmerTan

Honestly, isn't there one person on here that would love to hear these words, "thanks Pat Sajack for the lovely welcome! My old hag of a wife is out there somewhere in the studio audience! My deadbeat son lives in our basement, and who knows where his sister is?"

I know, I'm the lone weirdo here!

I know, I'm the lone weirdo here!

And still boasting two functional typing fingers.

I think @shavefan and the rest of us were very concerned for your continued annoyance existence, just shmart enuf not to put our heads above the parapet until the debris settled in Lebanon and over at your place. Man, I hate it when the fertilizer hits the fan.

Epic thread hijack, btw. So further congratulations to the Captain on ten years, in these perilous times!

I am new to B&B but I love his community! Amazing wealth of info and the members are super helpful.

My wife and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary on May 13th of this year. As COVID was in full swing, we had no party and no visitors, just the two of us at home for a great dinner and lots of great wine. It was actually pretty amazing. 👍

Top Bottom