What's new

2020 LE Pipe HERF - Saturday August 8 via Zoom

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Gents,

It's time for the 2020 LE Pipe HERF! A huge thanks to @Kentos for all of his hard work on this project, and to @caskwith for the amazing pipes this year! We're setting the HERF for a time where everyone from the UK to Hawaii might be able to attend. Hopefully lots of folks can make it!

Call details are below. Feel free to post questions or send me a message if you have questions about using Zoom or participating.

The call is scheduled for:

London, UK (BST) - 8:00pm
East Coast USA (EDT) - 3:00pm
Central USA (CDT) - 2:00pm
Mountain USA (MDT) - 1:00pm
West Coast USA (PDT) - 12:00 noon
Hawaii (HST) - 9:00am

Here are the call details:

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 973 5196 7302

Passcode: 752842

One tap mobile

+16699009128,,97351967302# US (San Jose)

+12532158782,,97351967302# US (Tacoma)

Dial by your location

+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)

+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

Meeting ID: 973 5196 7302

Find your local number: Video Conferencing, Web Conferencing, Webinars, Screen Sharing - https://zoom.us/u/acoXiYG7do

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Are we going to try and smoke the same tobacco / blend?

If not - any suggestions on what to smoke first?

-j

Some folks signed up in the stock exchange to receive something from Kent for the herf, and I suspect a lot of folks will smoke whatever they got from Kent during this. But generally speaking, mortas are good for just about everything. I probably wouldn’t smoke an aromatic in it, but I’ve smoked Va, VaPer, and English blends in my morta and they alll work well. Personally I find morta really excels st English blends—there’s something about morta that seems to give more blend component separation and I can taste more complexity and taste the different blend components better in morta than briar or meer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Some folks signed up in the stock exchange to receive something from Kent for the herf, and I suspect a lot of folks will smoke whatever they got from Kent during this. But generally speaking, mortas are good for just about everything. I probably wouldn’t smoke an aromatic in it, but I’ve smoked Va, VaPer, and English blends in my morta and they alll work well. Personally I find morta really excels st English blends—there’s something about morta that seems to give more blend component separation and I can taste more complexity and taste the different blend components better in morta than briar or meer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed my mortas are all English pipes. New one will likely be, too.

Well, crap. This weekend is about my last chance to finish my twice rescheduled (thanks, COVID) advanced open water certification. With deployment coming up very very soon, and the possibility of hitting places like Guam, Pilau, and Kwajalein, I've been trying to knock this out for about six months now, and the last two dives are Saturday morning. Can't take the chance that the governor will shut things down again, so...no herf for me. I will try to drop in on you guys from the boat if i have a good enough signal, just to say hi. You fellas enjoy those fine smoking instruments, I'll be with you in spirit.

Well, crap. This weekend is about my last chance to finish my twice rescheduled (thanks, COVID) advanced open water certification. With deployment coming up very very soon, and the possibility of hitting places like Guam, Pilau, and Kwajalein, I've been trying to knock this out for about six months now, and the last two dives are Saturday morning. Can't take the chance that the governor will shut things down again, so...no herf for me. I will try to drop in on you guys from the boat if i have a good enough signal, just to say hi. You fellas enjoy those fine smoking instruments, I'll be with you in spirit.
Fun class. :) I did mine in an old quarry. Vis was amazing. They stocked it with trout that were huge and friendly... busses, airplanes, heavy machinery. You name it and it was down there. That was the shallow section at 30 ft. They had a diving platform suspended at 100ft. Bottom was another 40 below that. Sadly I have barely been in the water (let alone under!) in the last 12 years.

I've got a wedding on Friday, Saturday and Sunday so I too will not be able to participate in the zoom meetup.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member

I heard some news that some want to cancel RIMPAC despite the fact no one gets off the ships during the exercises.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Great to meet some of you. Great job on the Pipe Kent and Chris. :) Thanks for the hospitality Micah. I enjoyed this a lot.

Cheeseburgers here we come. (Canadian old cheddar rather than processed cheese food)

Top Bottom