What's new

INFO! Badger and Blade 2020 LE Pipe : Askwith Pipes

Glad those last ones are finally filtering through. Is anyone still waiting?

@Kentos do you mean the funnel in the stem? I do cut mine quite deep, I prefer to go deep and fairly narrow, I think it gives a bit more strength. The thing with the funnel is you can certainly make it too small (and cause problems) but it's almost impossible to make it too big, so I err on the side of bigger is better.

@Kentos do you mean the funnel in the stem? I do cut mine quite deep, I prefer to go deep and fairly narrow, I think it gives a bit more strength. The thing with the funnel is you can certainly make it too small (and cause problems) but it's almost impossible to make it too big, so I err on the side of bigger is better.
I know mine was able to hit hard and like a freight train as my friends used to say in college

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member

Yep rhe funnell! It is a smoke thingee right?

Yes it is. For those interested in the technical the funnel the transition from the large round hole in the stem to the wide flat hole/slot at the button. This is an important area to work on as if you have any restriction there you have a pipe with a poor/tight draw and it can cause a hot, wet smoke. A poorly engineered stem is probably the leading cause of tongue bite, or at the very least a big contributor.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
View attachment 1132811

Wow so much nicer in hand! The pics really doesn’t do it justice.

Chris, the pipes are beautiful, and the stem is really exquisite. The stem smoke hole thing looks bottomless..I have never seen a stem detail like that.View attachment 1132812

Well done! It’s is a bit surreal to have it in hand after all those emails and looking at the designs on paper.
Went for the two-fer? Nice.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Yes it is. For those interested in the technical the funnel the transition from the large round hole in the stem to the wide flat hole/slot at the button. This is an important area to work on as if you have any restriction there you have a pipe with a poor/tight draw and it can cause a hot, wet smoke. A poorly engineered stem is probably the leading cause of tongue bite, or at the very least a big contributor.
Always interested in the technical aspects. Mine is a lovely pipe, and it is motivating me to buy more Legos to complete my custom fitted pipe rack. Currently, only 7 of my 11 have rack space. I can slightly tolerate 4 loose pipes, as 3 are pokers, but 5 is just too much. :)

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Just got home from vacation and look what I found!
20200731_235328.jpg

I've smoked mine twice with no discernible morta taste, I suppose due to the bowl coating. Saturday I will break out the second stem, so it will be sort of like the first smoke. An enjoyable pipe for sure.

Top Bottom