What's new

Snuff Of The Day (SOTD)

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Sicilian Burst 🤩 this is some beautiful snuff. Very lemony. Think I have another hit or three.
C4ED0B84-83D7-4A87-BD59-B2A66B7D24D9.jpeg

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I don’t know where to post this so I’ll post it here. This is from a package of these things I found in a drawer. It is a thing to clean earwax from your ear and on one end is a little spoon that is a perfect snuff spoon. I got them at Walgreens a few years ago. They are cheap so you can misplace or loose them freely. Just thought I would pass this along.
F5E92139-2609-4451-92A5-87D5EB77B81D.jpeg

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
It's mostly snuff so I'll repost my recent delivery here.
20200731_235313.jpg

Going to seal up the Bernard Original for later use as it's a favorite that I want on hand. The others are all new to me. I'm excited to get into the WoS.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
In truth, several but I did try McCrystal’s Wee Dram and Fine Keg. The Wee Dram which I assume is Scotch Whisky flavored was kind of “meh” but Fine Keg was an interesting hops flavor that came across nicely. Both are minor and I doubt I would go for the Medium size tins. Now off to something very special - Sicilian Burst! 🤩

brandaves

In truth, several but I did try McCrystal’s Wee Dram and Fine Keg. The Wee Dram which I assume is Scotch Whisky flavored was kind of “meh” but Fine Keg was an interesting hops flavor that came across nicely. Both are minor and I doubt I would go for the Medium size tins. Now off to something very special - Sicilian Burst! 🤩
I bought the McChrystal's minor sampler as well...some nice options in there. I like the Aztec. It's pure chocolate.

brandaves

Have you tried SG Celtic Talisman yet?Definite keeper.
I haven't, I believe it was out of stock on my last order...as was most of the popular SG blends which is why they didn't get ordered unfortunately.

I have to say that so far I don't understand the tap box hate...I'm loving mine. I guess the one's I have are Bernard and probably oil moistened which prevents them from drying out quickly but I don't know. They are super convenient and I'm loving them.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I haven't, I believe it was out of stock on my last order...as was most of the popular SG blends which is why they didn't get ordered unfortunately.

I have to say that so far I don't understand the tap box hate...I'm loving mine. I guess the one's I have are Bernard and probably oil moistened which prevents them from drying out quickly but I don't know. They are super convenient and I'm loving them.

You just answered your own question 🤣 Tap boxes reduce English snuffs to grit and dust, and they need breaking open and the whole contents rehydrating. Oiled snuffs won't lose moisture through evaporation

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
You just answered your own question 🤣 Tap boxes reduce English snuffs to grit and dust, and they need breaking open and the whole contents rehydrating. Oiled snuffs won't lose moisture through evaporation
I simply prefer doing a pinch. Just can’t get the snuff box method down. I loose more product than getting it into my nose. I’m in possession of my last two tap boxes now. I have small snap lid containers to carry a day or twos worth of snuff.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I simply prefer doing a pinch. Just can’t get the snuff box method down. I loose more product than getting it into my nose. I’m in possession of my last two tap boxes now. I have small snap lid containers to carry a day or twos worth of snuff.

Yup! With a tap box, I tap onto the back of my hand, then pinch from there.

brandaves

I much prefer the boxcar method personally. Not really sure why but it just seems to work much better for me. Even with the snuff boxes I ordered from MyTobaccoShop I have been using them as a tap box and not pinching.

Today my snuff has been WoS Irish No. 22 a wonderful toast if you enjoy them. HDT is good as well...not ready to say which one I prefer. I'm still feeling them both out.

Top Bottom