What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Did anyone else on here have a dad like mine who made me give him a deposit if I asked to borrow his knife?

Nope. He never carried one. I've bought him a few over the years, including a left handed Swiss knife, but they tend to stay on his desk or bookcase, rather than his pocket.

image.jpg
Have had this cheap tac force spring assist for a few years, use it for backyard stuff. Cheap, durable and can easily open

I always carried those back in my days. Amazing how often those little scissors came in handy.

Man, that reminds me of my Dad's knives! He must have loved sharpening them, cuz he'd turn them into ones that look just like that!

That knife right there sure looks like what I'd call a "Toad Sticker" tho I never did stick a Toad!

Even a guy like me could do some real fine work whittling with that.
Here is a toad sticker.

D92A9358-B1C9-442E-A99E-FA0C4F53BDE4.png

Where DO you get these wonderful toys?!?
I must confess. The Toad Sticker is not mine. I do have a variety of toys in my drawer, but the Buck is the one I carry day in and day out.

The Texas Toothpick was in a gift set with a larger lock blade. I found it in WallyWorld one day purely by accident.

Did anyone else on here have a dad like mine who made me give him a deposit if I asked to borrow his knife?
My dad smoked a pipe, so he carried a three blade pipe tool. I regular spear point knife blade, a reaming tool for cleaning the pipe bowl and a wired looking tamping tool to compress the tobacco in the pipe bowl. I would have had to, as the long time spokesman for the NRA, Charlton Heston used to say, "pry it from his cold, dead fingers, so no, I never got to use it

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I must confess. The Toad Sticker is not mine. I do have a variety of toys in my drawer, but the Buck is the one I carry day in and day out.

The Texas Toothpick was in a gift set with a larger lock blade. I found it in WallyWorld one day purely by accident.
Lol, the worst thing FOR ME in this pandemic life we live is that I can't go shopping ALONE! I am the woman in my marriage to my lovely wife, and she is the keeper of happiness (purse strings). So my "acquisitions" have been difficult!

10 years ago, a Spyderco Delica 4 was my retirement gift to myself. It's the best knife I ever owned and most comfortable to carry. I have a box of old crappy knives in the basement, from my boy scout style knife from the late 1950s to switchblades, fixed blades, belt knives and folders. I still keep a good Leatherman multi-tool, with seatbelt cutter, in the glove box of each of our cars, but the Spyderco is always clipped to my pocket.

My edc is mainly a buck 110+ slim. My going to town carry is benchmade afck first run liner lock. Sometime for work and around the property I carry an old style cs voyager xl. I have and have had lots of blades but these are my main carry blades.

That's when Schrade shut the doors in the US, and then the brand was bought by Taylor Cutlery and knives then produced in China. Quality can range from OK to utterly attrocious.
Thank you for that. (People leave breadcrumbs for all to see, and yet it takes focus and attention to detail to discover. Now that they are a part of AOB...) Anyway explains the quantities of stock! :)

Lately I've been giving pocket time to my Spyderco Delica with blue handle scales and M390 blade steel ( Bento Box Shop exclusive).

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Ontario RAT, $25 on Amazon. Sharp as the dickens, keeps its edge, cheap enough to lose or hand to youngsters as their first knife (as my grandpa did for me).

Attachments

• 8780353B-E519-495D-AA76-ECB0218A25C3.png
    8780353B-E519-495D-AA76-ECB0218A25C3.png
    544.3 KB · Views: 6
Top Bottom