What's new

Henson Razor Club.

Interesting design and a like that it’s available in a variety of colors since it’s made of anodized light weight aluminum. Too bad it’s not stainless. The women’s version looks the same as the men’s...maybe the women’s version is milder? The site claims that there is no blade chatter which seems nice. The blade exposure from the photos looks to be very little while the gap seems decent from looking at the two available view aspects. Very curious in wanting to use it.

Last edited:
Interesting design and a like that it’s available in a variety of colors since it’s probably anodized on light weight aluminum. The women’s version looks the same as the men’s...maybe the women’s version is milder? The site claims that there is no blade chatter which seems nice. The blade exposure from the photos looks to be very little while the gap seems above average from looking at the main photo of the razor head dead on. Very curious in wanting to use it.
Yes, it is a very interesting design. Looks like it's a fairly new Canadian company. Price seems alright as well.

Just got a reply from Henson Shaving when I asked what the difference was between the mens and womens razors:

Thank you for your interest in the Henson Aluminum Razor. The difference between men's and women's is as follows:
Men’s : .85 mm Blade Gap and .002” Blade Exposure
Women’s: .68 mm Blade Gap and .001" Blade Exposure

The .85 mm and .68 Blade Gap, would be considered on the aggressive side, respectively. However, the nature of our design mitigates some of the effects of the unwanted aggression. This is why have chose a higher aggression blade gap. This allows more of the positive benefits of the aggressive blade gap while the unwanted byproducts are a bit tamed by the head design. This is one way they razor achieves good safety and high shaving performance simultaneously.

I just placed an order. I’m curious as to what blades come with it. I have several hundred at the moment, so I’ll either add them to my rotation or save them for my old(er) age. I’ll provide an update when I’ve had a chance to try it. It has stiff competition in my den in the form of a Wolfman WR1 and an Ikon S3S.

I just placed an order. I’m curious as to what blades come with it. I have several hundred at the moment, so I’ll either add them to my rotation or save them for my old(er) age. I’ll provide an update when I’ve had a chance to try it. It has stiff competition in my den in the form of a Wolfman WR1 and an Ikon S3S.

Please write a review!! Definitely an interesting razor! :thumbup:

Just got a reply from Henson Shaving when I asked what the difference was between the mens and womens razors:

Thank you for your interest in the Henson Aluminum Razor. The difference between men's and women's is as follows:
Men’s : .85 mm Blade Gap and .002” Blade Exposure
Women’s: .68 mm Blade Gap and .001" Blade Exposure

The .85 mm and .68 Blade Gap, would be considered on the aggressive side, respectively. However, the nature of our design mitigates some of the effects of the unwanted aggression. This is why have chose a higher aggression blade gap. This allows more of the positive benefits of the aggressive blade gap while the unwanted byproducts are a bit tamed by the head design. This is one way they razor achieves good safety and high shaving performance simultaneously.

To add to the above, I asked for some information on the handle length and their reply was:

The handle is .472” at the tail and tapers up to .394” near the head. The length is 3.78” to the radius at the tail.

eric

@Hensontech looks to now be a forum member and liking the posts in this thread... any comments/info on the products to share, @Hensontech ?
Would be interested to hear about the Ti products, future release plans, etc

Very interesting, love the design, but would like more photos from different angles, disassembled, etc.

Henson Shaving has now provided an option for just the razor without the blades for $40 USD. I think that is a wise move as many people have their favorite blades.

eric

Top Bottom