What's new

What is your worst blade?

Feathers were the worst blade as far as how bad they were, for me, compared to their reputation but the worst blade I've experienced was Balaka. I'm foggy on the spelling but the box is green with some very foriegn writing and a rendition of a stork. Terrible.

Very interesting.Feather is generally high reputation,but not few people hate.
and I've never heard of Balaka.I found the package picture in Google search

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Polsilver SI. I won't mourn their discontinuation at all. I tried four blades from two different batches, and they were awful. I did manage to get ONE good shave from them, by putting it in a razor I also hated, a Fatip Grande. The two combined were tolerable, but that blade in any other razor, or any other blade in that razor, were horrible.

Very interesting.Feather is generally high reputation,but not few people hate.
and I've never heard of Balaka.I found the package picture in Google search
Yes, it is interesting. I tried them after reading rave reviews on B&B, and I found them to be the second worse blade I've ever used. Harsh, abrasive and very very uncomfortable . Only used two then pifed the rest.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Polsilver SI. I won't mourn their discontinuation at all. I tried four blades from two different batches, and they were awful. I did manage to get ONE good shave from them, by putting it in a razor I also hated, a Fatip Grande. The two combined were tolerable, but that blade in any other razor, or any other blade in that razor, were horrible.
This cracks me up to no end. Thanks for making my day Al. :laugh:

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Bic Chrome Platinum. I bought two of these blades from tryablade.com. They came...nice yellow wrapper...I loaded one in my Timeless and proceeded to try and pull the whiskers from my face. The blade could barely cut my fair-haired, thin whiskers. My eyes were watering from getting tugged on. It was the only time I had to stop shaving, pick up another razor with a different blade in it and finish the shave. I still have the other one...still wrapped up...never getting used. Bad memories keep me from trying the second blade out.

Top Bottom