What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Razor: ATT Windsor SE1
Blade: Kai Pro Touch (3)
Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Bloom Water, Crown Pre Shave
Soap: B&M Reserve Classic
Brush: Simpson’s Petrol Head
Post Shave: Alum Stick, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, TOBS Sandalwood AS

Great two Pass BBS shave

Mon 27th July
Schick Type F & Schick single- Japan [ 4 ]
A very pleasant Shave, a nice new Italian croap & A/S.

IMG_0911.jpg

Same as yesterday:

Razor: RazoRock Hawk v2
Blade: Feather AC Pro (second shave)
Cream: C.O. Bigelow
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft synthetic

Another fine shave. I'd say it's better than yesterday because I was able to get the same result in two passes instead of three. I'm glad to be getting the hang of this razor again, it's a good one.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, July 27th 2020, Good morning all & evening for some. New blade today and thought to give my G bar a little work out today. Performance was stellar today with the new blade. The G bar is a very nice looking razor with comfortable handle and heavy coating of chrome coating and its great to use with a new blade to break in also. Its a milder Gem razor but with a 3 pass shave it with a few touch ups it can give a person a very close shave as most already know.
Razor: Gem G bar -Mfg 1953-58 it is a milder Gem razor but with a new blade it can be a excellent razor.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (1) My favorite blade of all SE blades- why? very sharp and predictable with smoothness later in its life cycle IMO.
Soap: Proraso red sandal wood, It is one of my favorites of the Proraso line of soaps.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 black whiskers Plissoft- Excellent brush with backbone, very similar to boar brush.
Pre-shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + any pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red sandal wood with witch hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my Gem G bar with a new Gem blade.

GEMonday july 27th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

It's MM Monday, so....

MM Bullet Tip / Personna GEM (2nd) - Moved from last week's MMOC shave
Piccadilly Sandalwood / RR 26mm Monster
Mentholated Witch Hazel
Bay Rum Aftershave (homebrew)
Pacific Shaving Caffeinated Balm

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
SOTD: Monday July 27, 2020
Razor: Blackland Sabre L1
Blade: PTFE (5)
Soap: OH Puck!

IMG_0402[1].JPG

It's getting about time to change the towel...but not "throw it in." [grin]

Oh, and "Flightless Birds for 200, Alex" -- just because I don't have a little rabbit figurine.

I've been gradually playing with lather the last few days. Because I'm really only getting irritation in one little area I was thinking that it was a blade issue. Just for grins I swiped this nice heavy copper mixing bowl from the kitchen :devil: and used it instead of my Sally-Ann Special lather scuttle. As Arte Johnson used to say on the old "Laugh-In" program, "Inta-resting. Veddy Inta-resting." Zero irritation. Hmmm. We'll go with unheated lather for a while and see.

The other interesting thing is that I'm on Shave Five with this blade and still getting excellent results. Normally, with Gem or Gemish or Modern Gem razors I'm pretty much ready to bin the blade after five head shaves. I can get six if I'm feelng particularly cheap, but then I'm reminded about the meaning of "false economy." It's another of the ways the Blackland Sabre is exceeding my expectations.

Today was a "Silent BBS" -- it happened kinda by accident as I was grooving on the perfect cool slickness of the lather, the balance of the razor and how smoothly it was shaving. Next thing I knew, my hair was GONE.

O.H.

Razor: Ever-ready 1914
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE
Brush: Proraso Pro boar brush
Pre-shave: Depot no. 401 pre & post shave skin protector sample
Soap: Proraso red shaving soap bowl
Aftershave: Proraso green pre-shave cream and Nivea Men sensetive aftershave balm

My first shave ever with a GEM type razor. And no bleeding. Curious about trying it out more, but I cant say for certain if it will be a razor that I will use frequently. Either way, it was certainly nice to use a propper boar brush again.

7797ECCD-DF2A-4352-829E-6AB670803DA6.jpeg

Pre shave oil - Pink Woolf Oudh & Sandalwood pre shave oil
Shaving Cream - Edwin Jagger Cooling Menthol shave cream (sadly they do not manufacture this anymore)
Shaving Brush - Hajamat wooden handle synthetic shaving brush (Proudly made in India and excellent brush for both face and bowl lathering)
Shaving Bowl - Pink Woolf ceramic lathering bowl
Razor - Merkur 34C
Blade - Astra Superior Platinum (2nd use today)
Aftershave - Alum Block followed by Pink Woolf Seabuckthorn & Aloe Vera Post Shave Balm

Great 2 pass shave (WTG & ATG).

OneBlade Genesis / Feather (4th)
Bath & Body Ocean Gel
Bath & Body Ocean AS Balm

Missed the brush and lather, although the canned stuff does safe time on those early mornings, when you need to be up early and out, or logged into your networking meeting.

Razor: RazoRock Hawk v2
Blade: Feather AC Pro (third shave)
Cream: C.O. Bigelow
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft synthetic

Great shave again today, the blade is still really sharp and smoothing out nicely.

Ron R

Razor: Ever-ready 1914
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE
Brush: Proraso Pro boar brush
Pre-shave: Depot no. 401 pre & post shave skin protector sample
Soap: Proraso red shaving soap bowl
Aftershave: Proraso green pre-shave cream and Nivea Men sensetive aftershave balm

My first shave ever with a GEM type razor. And no bleeding. Curious about trying it out more, but I cant say for certain if it will be a razor that I will use frequently. Either way, it was certainly nice to use a propper boar brush again.
That is a nice Mid range razor and it will sing to you(scrapping toast) and is a winner for the vintage razors that can still be used with modern blades. I have one with the 1st generation blade stops and it is a keeper for my den.

Razor: Black Aluminum General
Blade: Kai Pro Touch
Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Bloom Water, Proraso Green Pre Shave
Soap: B&M Reserve Classic
Brush: Stirling Two Band Synthetic
Post Shave: Nivea Sensitive Ppost Shave Balm, TOBS Sandalwood AS

Excellent and smooth BBS Two Pass Shave.

Ron R

SE SOTD,Tue, July 28th 2020

Razor: Gem Featherweight 1st generation- MFG 1950-52
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (2) My favorite blade :001_wub:
Soap: Razorock Don Marco- Very nice citrus scent + great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm with marble handle.- excellent brush for creating lather with soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe vera gel.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + any pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Amici aftershave with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + one nick(operator error)=:a17:Excellent shave have with my Gem Featherweight 1st generation razor & 2nd use of Gem coated blade at its sharpest pinnacle in blade life.
SE SOTD, Tue, July 28th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom