What's new

Just like Grampa used to shave

Let's just say I'm glad my wife don't have an account on here!

She already hates all the enablers on here..... which is basically every single one of you.

Damn it.. I'm new here!! I don't need to be blamed for what you degenerates were doing before I got here!!

But I certainly approve of it!!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Damn it.. I'm new here!! I don't need to be blamed for what you degenerates were doing before I got here!!

But I certainly approve of it!!
Well, keep jumpin' right in.

I'm kinda (yeah, kinda, lol) illiterate in the ways of the interwebs. My 86 year old Mama is tons better than me.

But I'm on here too much, and I NEVER looked at the stuff that tells who is online, who's a member, etc. But last night I did, and I saw a bunch of "probable lurkers" outnumbered members like 2 to 1 , I think.

So all you lurkers: join the fun! To all you members not joining the Hall of Fame: do it!

To all you old fart know it all's: be nicer! People who just joined us weirdos that spend time talking about shaving need your wisdom, not your condescension! You were a newbie once.

FarmerTan

A long time no see, folks. Here's a picture, details (may) follow, lol.
IMG_20200727_112222771.jpg

FarmerTan

So, I was the winner of something like 30 or 35? Rockwell blades. Had no idea what to expect. Tried them once back in January, PC (Pre-Covid, lol). It was a decent shave, but for some reason I put them aside.

The Frankenrazor has been used exclusively with the Rockwell blades for about a month.

I had been using the Marvy experimental brush with all kinds of strange soap.

Today I used the awesome brush that I call "the all seeing eye" that @Graydog gave me. (Lol, I do rinse it!) The soap is from @njpaddy and is glorious. Glycerin based? You could read a newspaper through it, and it provides plenty of glide, cushion, comfort, etc.

I may use the Marvy experimental non-rinsed brush for all of my "Arko August" shaves to see which is the winner between my face and that Marvy!

FarmerTan

All I have to add is, there are old shavers and there are bold shavers. But there are no old, bold shavers.... :biggrin1: Happy thread anniversary, FT!
Thank you. As you can tell if you read this entire thread, I have poured my very existence into this ongoing research!

FarmerTan

IMG_20200730_225345572.jpg
IMG_20200730_231124305~2.jpg

The above two pictures are what happens when I'm tired and my brain skips lanes.

I've got this brush that I haven't rinsed out since last August, I think.

Thinking is dangerous, lol. So I decided to use some Brut bar soap mixed with whatever is in that brush. Smells a little like Arko. So I dampened my face and the brush and rubbed it on my Brut soap. Smelled like you might think it would. A little off.

Face lathering was wonderful. Really slick, but the seventh shave on a Rockwell blade might be one too many. Two passes produced a BBS shave.

Followed it up with some strange AS brew I concocted: equal parts Avon Blend 7 and something else I can't remember, with a few drops of Orange essential oil! Don't laugh; my wife liked it!

I broke down and rinsed that brush off that @shavefan gave me after about a year of letting it do a second Petri dish experiment.

You folks are reading the writings right now of a bonafide hero: when I rinsed it out, I ain't lyin'.... SOMETHING BLACK rinsed out of it! I assume a spider had made a home in that brush and I unintentionally evicted it! Not really sure what it was, as it went down the drain so fast. My werking hypothesis is that the Arko fumes killed it, thus saving my life. We'll never know for sure I suppose.

You might note the lather from the Brut and whatever else was in that brush before I rinsed it out. Really nice stuff.

Stay tuned folks. I've got BIG plans for Arko August!

FarmerTan

Last night I looked at that Marvy brush that hasn't been rinsed since July of 2019. It had a "long bristle" sticking out of it. I pulled on it, and a whole clump came out! I then took it outside and ran my hand over it and it shed like crazy, and finally stopped.
IMG_20200801_144621677~2.jpg
So I decided to use it today, face lathering Arko for the last time. Well, it didn't lose a single hair! So I plan to use it as long as it'll last. Hopefully throughout August.

FarmerTan

Gave myself a haircut. I look less like my doppelganger, Tom Selleck, and more like Pee Wee Herman in these pictures, so forgive me for only showing parts of my incredibly handsome face Gents!
IMG_20200805_184426120~2.jpgIMG_20200805_184446768~2.jpg
I did have my lovely War Department shave my neck, but the rest I just used my fingers to hold out the hair, or some attachments on my clippers to obtain this wonderful work of art.

Hardest part was sweeping off the deck, doggone!

Gave myself a haircut. I look less like my doppelganger, Tom Selleck, and more like Pee Wee Herman in these pictures, so forgive me for only showing parts of my incredibly handsome face Gents!
View attachment 1137346View attachment 1137347
I did have my lovely War Department shave my neck, but the rest I just used my fingers to hold out the hair, or some attachments on my clippers to obtain this wonderful work of art.

Hardest part was sweeping off the deck, doggone!

You're a brave man. Not bad!
I gave the clippers to my better half and she ran a number 2 over the whole melon.
My job was to clean up the dead skunk of hair left on the garage floor.
She did a terrific job.

I've been doing my own haircuts for at least a dozen years not. I've got one of the Remington vacuum clippers - it really picks up all the cut hair. With the various length guides, it does a respectable job - no need to bother with a "real" barber, or use those $10 off coupons on the fridge that are all expired anyways.

Might be time for my second pandemic self-haircut. Not being incredibly handsome except in 3/4 profile lowers the risk to my image. #2 or #3 sounds about right.

Plus there is a set of special combs for tapering around my incredibly handsome ears. Gotta try that this time. Might not have to wear a watch cap for the rest of August. It was uncomfortably hot for those two weeks in May after pandemic haircut number one.

FarmerTan

Might be time for my second pandemic self-haircut. Not being incredibly handsome except in 3/4 profile lowers the risk to my image. #2 or #3 sounds about right.

Plus there is a set of special combs for tapering around my incredibly handsome ears. Gotta try that this time. Might not have to wear a watch cap for the rest of August. It was uncomfortably hot for those two weeks in May after pandemic haircut number one.
I'm a dummy. I decided to grow my hair out this summer! Duh!

But it was long enough to experiment, and I've been cutting other people's hair over 40 years, and my own for probably 25 to 30, but have always just used graduated attachment guides up to 1.5 inches or so. But I decided to grow the top out. Then I found out I hate having to use anything but my fingers to comb my hair.

So the next time I need to trim over my ears I think I'm going back to a crew cut.

FarmerTan

Might be time for my second pandemic self INDUCED haircut. Not being incredibly handsome except in 3/4 profile lowers the risk to my image. #2 or #3 sounds about right.

LOL, for some reason my ADHD/dyslexic brain read that comment of yours the way I bolded "induced." I have no idea why that tickled me so. You do know I am using your NEW Long Comb head exclusively for SHARKO ARKO Month with an fat Tech handle? I may eventually PIF some of my less used ones. I'm seriously considering auctioning off my Fat Boy for the Saint Sue Breast cancer fund raiser. I got it so cheap it'd be greedy of me to keep it just to complain how boring it is, or sell it on here.

Ooh, ooh, I just got a wild Fat Boy at a very favorable price. It was only slightly "differently abled", but I was able to fix it! (Or at least, @romsitsa knew how to fix it and I knew how to do what I was told.) Here's my plaintive cry for help:

So which enhances my B&B image? Complaining about boring Boy or boasting about my big, fat boy BBS?

I shave tomorrow! With Arko of course. If I have a Shark (doubtful) it will be loaded inside the smoothly closing doors of my historic-Montana-state-prison-adjacent wild-caught faith-healed Fat Boy. Hallelujah!

Maybe I'll put off my self-induced covid cut until after the publicity shots with my Fat Boy.

Top Bottom