What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Solani ABF, still breaking in my Bones Balldog. Just me and a loyal friend on the porch this morning watching it sprinkle.
20200723_113516.jpg

20200723_113531.jpg

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Neat pipe holder. Did you make that?
Thanks. I didn't make it, it's a super cheap ($3 I think) leather bracelet I found at Hobby Lobby. All the ones online are so expensive I couldn't rationalize spending that much. I saw them and thought they'd do the trick. I bought 2 and wish I had more.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
MacBaren Old Dark Fired in a Legend cob. Another one for the reject blend jar I think, and I believe the first of the Burley samples to disappoint. I do like Burley as an ingredient in several pipe tobaccos, but this really isn't working for me at all.

I've had two sittings with this pipe today, and not managed much more than 5 minutes each time, before having to set the pipe down. I'll keep battling through in short instalments, so far as I can, but I'll not be packing another bowl of this. 🤮

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
MacBaren Old Dark Fired in a Legend cob. Another one for the reject blend jar I think, and I believe the first of the Burley samples to disappoint. I do like Burley as an ingredient in several pipe tobaccos, but this really isn't working for me at all.

I've had two sittings with this pipe today, and not managed much more than 5 minutes each time, before having to set the pipe down. I'll keep battling through in short instalments, so far as I can, but I'll not be packing another bowl of this. 🤮

There's a good chance that I've shared this before, but I opened up to ODF by blending it with some straight VA bulk tobacco. It was C&D VA Ribbon if I recall correctly. Each time I packed a bowl, I seemed to need less and less VA. After a handful of bowls, I started smoking the stuff by itself. I now have a little more than a pound and a half cellared. Some blends are not for everyone. Some just need some time to grow on you.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
There's a good chance that I've shared this before, but I opened up to ODF by blending it with some straight VA bulk tobacco. It was C&D VA Ribbon if I recall correctly. Each time I packed a bowl, I seemed to need less and less VA. After a handful of bowls, I started smoking the stuff by itself. I now have a little more than a pound and a half cellared. Some blends are not for everyone. Some just need some time to grow on you.

Nice work! :thumbup1:

I have 50g of Virginia shag in a large jar, and am dumping my unpalatable samples in that, and giving them a stir. Life's too short to be "trying" to like stuff, so if I'm fairly sure I still won't like it with a bit of age on it, into the reject blend it goes. There's too many tobaccos that I am enjoying, or new ones to try instead, for me to be messing around with things that need acclimatising to. ;)

Much like with shaving gear, I'd rather find my own favourites, than chase after other people's :D Thankfully, it's only one of the samples from the assortments I got a while ago, so I'm not discarding/recycling a whole tin. :)

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I hear you. As with most things on B&B, YMMV. :thumbup1:

Very much so! :thumbup1:

So far I've had five attempts with it, and managed to get past halfway down the bowl. It's not entirely dreadful when I light up, somewhat chewy, but not too bad. After a few minutes though, my tongue feels like the pipe had a dump on it.

I've been relying on a bag of Chilli Heatwave Doritos in between smokes, to burn away the Burley poop aftertaste, but I'm now out of Doritos, so I probably need to call it a day.

Top Bottom