What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

20200725_175844.jpg

KC old fashioned. Simple syrup. Angostura orange bitters. Slice of orange.

Manhattan

I am not liking it. This is my first and I do not think I messed up the recipe. Maybe it is the rye whiskey. I have never had it before.

2 oz. Bulliet Rye, 1 oz. Martini & Rossi red vermouth, 3 dashes of Angostura bitters, stired in ice for 45 seconds then strained into a glass garnished with a Luxardo Cherry.

Manhattan

I am not liking it. This is my first and I do not think I messed up the recipe. Maybe it is the rye whiskey. I have never had it before.

2 oz. Bulliet Rye, 1 oz. Martini & Rossi red vermouth, 3 dashes of Angostura bitters, stired in ice for 45 seconds then strained into a glass garnished with a Luxardo Cherry.
You made it correctly, it seems! You might try another vermouth and/or whiskey. I like Carpano Antica and Dolin Sweet Vermouth. The Manhattan might not be for you, but you can check it off the list!

Watching hurricane coverage tonight with a Flower City/Noilly Prat/lemon zest Martini. Feel for the folks in S Texas and NE Mexico. No fun.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Manhattan

That sounds like a proper Manhattan, so it sounds like you don't like a proper Manhattan.

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks. Good on you for giving it a proper try!

That sounds like a proper Manhattan, so it sounds like you don't like a proper Manhattan.

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks. Good on you for giving it a proper try!
If it was too sweet, you could make it dry with dry vermouth or make it “perfect” with equal parts dry and sweet vermouth.

Today is my first Old Fashion cocktail using rye whiskey. I must say, I think I like it a better than with bourbon. I understand rye is the original whiskey used in this. I will keep a bottle of Bulleit Rye in my bar just for this drink from now on.

Cheers :001_smile

20200727_172446.jpg

Top Bottom