What's new

most authentic lime scent

Among soaps AND creams I've tried TOBS Lemon & Lime, Castle Forbes Lime and Stirling Lime. None of them seem to do it for me, although I'd say the Stirling is the best of the three. So, I too am interested in an authentic lime scented cream or soap. I've heard good things about Mike's and may try that one next and I'm intrigued by TOBS Lime Zest as well. Didn't know about that one.

i have a few tubes and tubs of Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime which i really like. C&E shutdown all their stores last year so i got mine mostly from Marshalls when they picked up a lot of C&E old stock.

Captain's choice has been mentioned, but I really enjoy the Razorock What The Puck Lime Burst. It smells a bit on the sweet side, but very pleasant to my nostrils.

Captain's choice has been mentioned, but I really enjoy the Razorock What The Puck Lime Burst. It smells a bit on the sweet side, but very pleasant to my nostrils.

I like it too but I don't get "natural" lime from this at all. To me it smells like a straight up piece of artificially flavored candy - like what a lime jolly rancher or lifesaver or a lime fruit loop would smell like.

I don't know how authentic and natural it is but my Maggards Lime & Bergamot soap is a good scent,
excellent performance too.

I like it too but I don't get "natural" lime from this at all. To me it smells like a straight up piece of artificially flavored candy - like what a lime jolly rancher or lifesaver or a lime fruit loop would smell like.
I get your point, not a lot of the "zest" smell of lime, more like limeade.

For me its Turtleship Lime. Essential oils, very true scent and superb protection and post shave performance. One of just a few artisan soaps that improves my skin the more i use it.

Another vote for Mike’s.
Also tried Grooming Dept but that just missed for me. A couple of added scent notes that I can’t now recall were a bit off-putting in my opinion.

Can't speak for the OP, but there seem to be quite a few options out there. Which one is the most authentic lime scent? Perhaps we'll never know. Why not start out with, say, a puck of Stirling unscented and then use fresh-squeezed lime juice in lieu of water to build the lather?

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Can't speak for the OP, but there seem to be quite a few options out there. Which one is the most authentic lime scent? Perhaps we'll never know. Why not start out with, say, a puck of Stirling unscented, and then use fresh-squeezed lime juice in lieu of water to build the lather?
I did this with some drops of Bergamot essential oil. Was splendid!

Reactions: CCR
Captain's Choice lime to me was kind of bland or lacking scent, there AS smells more like the real thing though. GFT lime cream smells a little like a women's perfume(kind of like a scent my mom wore, I still use it for that reason and will never get rid of it) and not a manly type lime scent. I also have T&H West Indian lime and it smells close to a real lime then the other two I mentioned and really like it a lot.

Top Bottom