What's new

most authentic lime scent

Based upon your experiences, which of the lime scented soaps have the most authentic and natural scents? Thanks

Mike’s Natural Soaps Lime.
I’ve also been searching for an authentic lime scent. I’ve had my eye on Mikes. Trumper’s and Castle Forbes didn’t do it for me. Neither did Taylor’s Lemon and Lime. I’m not sure why it’s so difficult to find such a popular and straightforward citrus scent such as lime that’s done correctly.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I’ve also been searching for an authentic lime scent. I’ve had my eye on Mikes. Trumper’s and Castle Forbes didn’t do it for me. Neither did Taylor’s Lemon and Lime. I’m not sure why it’s so difficult to find such a popular and straightforward citrus scent such as lime that’s done correctly.

Interesting, I came here to recommend Castle Forbes Lime. I consider it a pretty "true" lime scent. To my nose anyway.

GFT is my only straight lime soap.
It's really nice.
Others are creams.

Trumpers-Lime-lather.gif

Those would be my second choice after Glycerins, but then you have to find one that actually uses Lime EO (exclusively) if you want a true pure lime scent. I'm sure plenty of Glycerin soapers do that, but I don't know if any of the triple milled soap houses (even the ones with a pure lime scented soap) do.

I’m not sure why it’s so difficult to find such a popular and straightforward citrus scent such as lime that’s done correctly.

Believe it or not most of the lime fragrnaces (concetrates that are used in perfumery,cosmetics, food, vaping) have a mastic ''smell'', but not in a good way, most problably due to manufacturing process. To counter balance that and give the acidity that you expect from a lime other citrucy fragrances are added and usually a touch of menthol. This alters the perceived essence from a lot to a little.

Essential oil is much more true but due to high limonene contect (which is clasified as allergen in contact with skin), cost and the fact that most of it is used as an additive to ''boost health'' supplements it is not often used in cosmetics, at least low budget ones.

Mike’s Natural Soaps Lime.
+1. Mike's Lime is excellent as a pure lime essential oil scented soap.

I really like Eufros Lima Especias.... lime with spices and just a touch of menthol.
Another excellent soap but as you mention it has other scent ingredients added so not a pure lime scent. That said, I love this suggestion. The menthol is just enough and the spices add character to the soap scent. It is hard to go wrong with Eufros.

GFT' soap and AS are pretty straight up lime, but fades quickly, and CC as others mentioned. A&E's Rainforest is bitter limes with some petrichor blended - a very nice fragrance. Ogallala 's Limes & Peppercorns is a unique spicy take on the green fruit.

Top Bottom