What's new

Following The RAD Rabbit...

I just got a Timeless Ti95 OC for Father’s Day; which is the smoothest, best shave I have ever had. The razor is a beauty too. Now, the RAD rabbit is calling to me again, saying, “follow me, I know the way. Past the Simpson Brushes and the Wholly Kaw soap shop.” The RAD rabbit now has me staring at Wolfman and Blackland Vector. Now, I’m wondering how long I can resist the lure of the RAD rabbit’s overtures. For those of you who have tried any or all 3, which do you prefer and why? Did any of you keep both the Timeless and Wolfman? Do you use both regularly? I know I’m getting a Vector eventually, just don’t know about a Wolfman if I have a Timeless.

I have the Timeless Ti .68SB and just purchased the Blackland Vector. They compliment each other very well. I still like shaving with a DE and the Timeless is the Champ, but when I want to shave with a SE razor, the Blackland Vector to me is the best. They both are mild razors but very efficient. I also have the ATT Windsor DE and ATT Windsor SE1. The DE is very close to the Timeless and the SE1 is a tad more aggressive than the Vector. YMMV! I can’t speak for the Wolfman, but I personally have a $250 limit and just can’t see spending more than that for a razor.

The Timeless is the best DE I've used but then I haven't tried a Wolfman either. I just don't see how I can get a better shave than with the .95 Timeless.

I also have a Vector and it's my second favorite razor. It's not quite as smooth or easy to use as the Timeless but it's close. The biggest issue with the Vector is the wider blade around my Adams Apple.

Be careful around that rabbit hole. You might be looking for quite a while before you find something that works better than the Timeless.

Thank you for your replies @Wgg2017 and @OhioBob . I’m glad to hear the Timeless is regarded so highly.

Anyone tried the Wolfman and Timeless? How do they compare? Anyone tried the Wolfman and Vector? How do they compare?

As for a comparison of the Timeless and Wolfman, PM @ Hannah’s Dad as I know he has used both. He has commented on Wolfman’s in the thread Wolfman Wednesday.

As to comparing a Wolfman and Vector you may need to search farther. Or, just buy both and whichever you don’t like sell here on the BST.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Having had, and enjoyed, both the Timeless Ti .95 OC and several iterations of ‘Wolfmen’, I can only encourage you to analyze for yourself your ultimate goal and preferences. Do you like the lighter feel of Titanium, or do you prefer heft? The Wolfman razors have heft (assuming you order a solid handle). What angle of attack do you prefer? The Ti likes a shallow angle (handle more perpendicular to face); the Wolf likes to be ridden steep (handle almost parallel to face). Do you like a beefier head (like the Timeless), or a slimmer design (Wolfman WR1 and WR2)? Are you content with a single great shaver, or do you want variety in your den? These are important questions only you can answer. The Ti .95 is a fantastic shaver. But, if I had to choose between a Timeless Ti .95 OC and a Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB, I would choose the latter every day. IMHO, the WR2 1.25 SB is as close to shaving perfection as I’ve experienced. Some like smaller gaps, and others like bigger gaps. For my face and technique, the 1.25 hits the bullseye. Hope that helps!

Having had, and enjoyed, both the Timeless Ti .95 OC and several iterations of ‘Wolfmen’, I can only encourage you to analyze for yourself your ultimate goal and preferences. Do you like the lighter feel of Titanium, or do you prefer heft? The Wolfman razors have heft (assuming you order a solid handle). What angle of attack do you prefer? The Ti likes a shallow angle (handle more perpendicular to face); the Wolf likes to be ridden steep (handle almost parallel to face). Do you like a beefier head (like the Timeless), or a slimmer design (Wolfman WR1 and WR2)? Are you content with a single great shaver, or do you want variety in your den? These are important questions only you can answer. The Ti .95 is a fantastic shaver. But, if I had to choose between a Timeless Ti .95 OC and a Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB, I would choose the latter every day. IMHO, the WR2 1.25 SB is as close to shaving perfection as I’ve experienced. Some like smaller gaps, and others like bigger gaps. For my face and technique, the 1.25 hits the bullseye. Hope that helps!

Great comparison!! Thsee are among the best razors on the market IMHO! :a29:

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your help. @Hannah's Dad thank you for your very detailed response. There are so many questions to answer!

@BigJ and @Hannah's Dad, what’s the difference between the Wolfman wr1 head and wr2 head? It appears to me that the wr2 head has blade covers, which honestly, I don’t care about.

I have recently received the Timeless Ti 0.95 SB and a Wolfman WR2/WRH2 (hollow), 1.05 gap.

The Timeless is everything I'd hoped the Rockwell 6s would be, but wasn't. Very smooth. Not very intimidating. Fairly efficient. The shave is better, but I still get a bit of neck irritation. I'm still learning and everything may get better, but it's only marginally better than a vintage Gillette, if that.

The Wolfman is brilliant is all regards. It is a bit more aggressive, so I do pay more attention. But, the shave is fantastic. Low to no irritation, very efficient. It has actually met the hype, IMO.

The Wolfman is 100% a keeper. The Timeless may or may not be. I need to get better at using it and I need to compare to the Gillettes that I have kept. Time will tell.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Thank you everyone for your help. @Hannah's Dad thank you for your very detailed response. There are so many questions to answer!

@BigJ and @Hannah's Dad, what’s the difference between the Wolfman wr1 head and wr2 head? It appears to me that the wr2 head has blade covers, which honestly, I don’t care about.
Neither head covers the blade completely; the WR1 head has a slimmer profile than the WR2. You can find lots of pictures of both here on B&B, and it might simply come down to which one appeals to you aesthetically. I don’t think I’m overstating the fact that most users of both heads seem to think the WR2 is the superior shaver. But lots of folks (like @BigJ ) have found the WR1 to be their ‘desert island’ razor.

Neither head covers the blade completely; the WR1 head has a slimmer profile than the WR2. You can find lots of pictures of both here on B&B, and it might simply come down to which one appeals to you aesthetically. I don’t think I’m overstating the fact that most users of both heads seem to think the WR2 is the superior shaver. But lots of folks (like @BigJ ) have found the WR1 to be their ‘desert island’ razor.

Well stated! At this level of engineering and craftsmanship it comes down to what appeals to you!

Top Bottom