What's new

Overall How Do You Rate Your Skin For Shaving?

What is your skin type for shaving?

• Super sensitive

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Sensitive

Votes: 25 28.1%
  • About normal

Votes: 53 59.6%
  • Pretty tough

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Like elephant hide

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Many on B&B claim to have a sensitive skin, but maybe they are just the vocal minority.

Last edited:
Many on B&B claim to have a sensitive skin, but maybe they are just the vocal ones.
Mine is mostly fine. I can still shave daily. But rather sensitive around my neck area. Using a Personna Lab Blue blade along with my Edwin Jagger works really well for me. No irritation on my neck area. Even the Astra SP works really well for me.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Easy to burn under sun, Easy to irritate with physical touch, some soaps cause reaction, Medium to thick hairs swirling aggressively in all directions. Not acne prone, but definitely combination.

i would have assumed this was average about 10 years ago, but after growing a full beard recently and by anecdotal comparison i’d say my “skin” is definitely different, but not absolutely unique.

Id say mine is about average. I think that a lot of men think that they have sensitive skin but only think that way because they used to use a multiblade cart, used shave products that weren't very good and did minimal prep.

I have normal skin I would say. My issue is with the neck area. It's not that the skin is sensitive, it's that I have swirls and weird growth patterns which makes it easy for the blade to jump and then I get cuts. I have to be very careful in what direction I move the razor on my neck. If I only go north-south it's going to be a bloody mess. I have to go east-west and then I get fine results.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I used to claim my skin was sensitive due to frequent irritation I would experience before I started my journey with DE and SR shaving. As already mentioned the prep and post shave routine make a difference. I pay attention below my jawline to the changing hair pattern and adjust accordingly. I get consistently comfortable irritation free shaves now. I put myself in the normal category, skin feels great, happy shaving!

I was blessed with normal skin, I guess! Nothing spectacular, just normal. Don't ever get any redness or bumps after a nice hot lather straight razor shave.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Sensitive neck. Toughest hairs are on loosest parts of neck skin, too. Also, the sun is mean to me.

The sensitivity level that responds best to a switch to straight razor shaves with an edge stropped on 0.1μ diamond over balsa. My laziness and cowardice has me enjoying a Micromatic razor and ignoring my Grandpa’s Tucmar and its 0.5μ finish.

Interestingly, which i think it makes sense, in certain forums of life, who the vocal few might be, and at times, you dont know what you don’t know and then perspective changes. I thought for sure i was dead trying out a straight razor... who knew it would be the most comfortable on my skin

I put "super sensitive" since most of my stubble is located below jawline and my skin there is just "arrrghhhh no blade, not again"
Cheeks on the other hand fall into about normal category

I would say I have sensitive skin and over the years of shaving I've learned what razors and blades work best for me. I also think technique has a lot to do with it. When I was younger I would speed shave, now I just take my time and enjoy the peace it gives me before I go into the office.

By definition, only 17% of the population has skin that is one standard deviation more sensitive than average.

Fortunately, Williams Mug Soap works for almost everyone.

I selected normal, but maybe I should have said tough. I rarely have problems with burning soaps, razor bumps, weepers or nicks.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Sensitive skin and coarse facial hair make for a challenge. Finding the balance between smoothness and efficiency to mow down the thick, coarse hair without irritating my skin can be difficult.

Top Bottom