What's new

Which acquisition disorder hits you hardest?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My weakness is vintage Avon aftershave. I now only buy it in the wild, but honestly, I cannot justify buying any more of it.

It is usually just so inexpensive, and GOOD smelling that I am willing to risk the wrath of the War Department and buy more. But I'm not exaggerating by much when I say that when she finally snaps and hits me over the head with an Avon decanter she will be found innocent of all charges!

Soaps for sure. I have a handful of razors and brushes, but I never fell down those rabbit holes. I'm not sure if fragrances are considered part of the wetshaver's arsenal, but if so, that is what I have the most of. By a loooong shot.

For me, oddly enough, sample packs. Every other shave is a new experience. And with both razors, each blade in each, it's cool to see how they act. And then with samples of soaps. I can hoard all I want when the sizes are so small!
And it keeps me away from the rabbit hole that smells of cloves, spiced rum, and the leaves of the bay laurel. I could spend paychecks chasing the perfect bay rum without blinking if it weren't for the wife, and kids, and mortgage, and gas, and motorcycle parts, and...

Soaps and brushes. I have 35 brushes but use every one of them in rotation. However, I have over 50 soaps many of which sit unopened. I found a soap I liked and then ended buying two or three of them "in case they get discontinued." That worked to my advantage since I have four remaining tallow based AoS soaps and seven Haslinger tallow soaps.

I was assured wet shaving is cheaper. Well, that’s fake news! In less than six months I’ve acquired new disorders for soaps, blades, razors. The only thing that I don’t feel compelled to get more of (yet) is brushes; I’ve got a badger and a synthetic.

Hum, not sure. 3 months into wet shaving, I have 5 DE's, 727 blades with another 100 on the way, 4 brushes (2 boar, 1 horse, 1 synthetic), 9 soaps/creams, 8 AS.
Next purchase will probably be a badger brush, or another razor, or some more blades... Lol Can't decide, love all of it.

Envoyé de mon SM-N950W en utilisant Tapatalk

I was in the early restraint last year, and I cowboy only for replacement. My disorders were fairly modest, but I did a lot of damage to my wallet with just soaps, creams, and aftershaves. Brush, bowl, and Fatboy are constants. Now I am rotating through a closet full of one-shot wonders, while I keep to my regulars:

--49-year-old Floris brush, up for rtensdgering again this year
--Utilemud red and violet lather bowl
--Fatboy
--Six soaps
--Three creams
--Three aftershaves

And I am happy.

Top Bottom