What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
We are also fans of Chateau Ste. Michelle. This Pinot Gris is our standard white wine but we also like their Riesling, especially with spicy Asian dishes. We still enjoy their sparkling brut but since we moved to New Mexico, we mainly drink Gruet as our sparkler.
Same here. An affordable wine. I prefer their Chardonnay.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Fajita tacos with homemade salsa.

20200717_181836.jpg

I know, right. It is very rare to find it on a menu. Bacon, eggs and pasta, what could be better?

It's a great dish, and yours looks spot on, but so many restaurants swamp it in cream. We stayed with friends who live near Venice, the wife is Italian and she made the classic version, it was the first time I had ever tried it like that, hooked.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Falafels made with, Swiss chard, kale and spinach from my garden. Fried crispy and stuffed into pita with hummus, tzatziki and garlic lemon oil. Plus all the regular fixing of cucumber, tomato, onion and lettuce (garden). Lots of flavour and texture.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
It's a great dish, and yours looks spot on, but so many restaurants swamp it in cream. We stayed with friends who live near Venice, the wife is Italian and she made the classic version, it was the first time I had ever tried it like that, hooked.

Reminded me of this video I came across recently ...

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Sous vide ribeyes, frijoles borracho, baked zucchini with parmesan and some cornbread muffins. Sorry, no pix.

Life getting back to normal in UK ,went out for Lunch at nice Pub in the Country. On the way home stopped off at Smokery [ now open], and picked up :-
2 packs of Smoked Rainbow Trout - 1 for us on Friday the other for Son/Wife who we are visiting on our
first trip out more than 20 miles from Home.

IMG_0896.jpg

Top Bottom