What's new

Yaqi brushes: a "candy store" for wet shavers.

My recent polls to identify member's favorite shaving brushes identified Yaqi and Simpson as the two clear favorites. Based on that, I purchased one of each. I received my Yaqi Seguanda Familia 24mm synthetic two days ago. It is now one of my all-time favorite brushes.

The brush is amazingly soft with good backbone. It has a high-quality handle, and the tuxedo knot is very attractive. The price point--at $11 from West Coast Shaving--made it irresistible! Have you added a Yaqi brush to your den?
YAQI BRUSH FIN.jpg

Jim S.

Last edited:
This big guy.

Yaqi brush.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I like my Yaqi brushes, bought 5 of them last year(2019) on a bargain sale. Just a great brush IMO.
L to R -Tuxedo 24 mm black marble handle(Favorite), Tuxedo knot 24 mm Sagrada Familia, Rainbow 26mm brown whiskers,Timber wolf 24mm, Cashmeer 24mm that I use every day for brush washing my whole face with Cerave bar cleanser . This new generation of Yaqi brushes are very good IMO and all have those soft tips that are awesome.
Yaki 4 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I have been eyeing Yaqi brushes for some time. But I can't for the life of me figure out the difference among their knots. Is anyone able to comment?

I have been eyeing Yaqi brushes for some time. But I can't for the life of me figure out the difference among their knots. Is anyone able to comment?
They offer brushes with Synthetic fibers or Silvertip, Two-band and Pure badger. There is also a category called Cashmere. You might have to hunt to find them all. West Coast Shaving, Yaqi Shaving.au and AliExpress are good places to start.

From my experience with the brushes I have..most of the synthetics are soft but very good for both bowl and face lather....
The Rainbow vs Sagrada Familia vs Purple Mink feels different but performs very well....
Other than that is the handle preference...I tend to prefer longer handles..
Being in a candy store...just get more...I have another on the way..
A few more in the cart waiting for the next sale...
20200709_074717.jpg

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
From my experience with the brushes I have..most of the synthetics are soft but very good for both bowl and face lather....
The Rainbow vs Sagrada Familia vs Purple Mink feels different but performs very well....
View attachment 1123298
Thanks! But now I have even more questions!

I currently own a Moka Express 26mm Two-Band and a Red Marble 26mm Tuxedo. Both are in my current rotation. The Moka Two-Band is a fantastic performer and has a marvelous face-feel, but the Tuxedo is still my favourite.

Also, according to the tracking updates, I'll be receiving four more Yaqi brushes on Friday: a Black Marble 24mm Silvertip Badger, a 24mm Purple Mink, a 24mm Aqua Tuxedo, and a 26mm Timberwolf. I couldn't decide between the various knots, so I decided to buy a variety to see which ones I liked.

Thanks! But now I have even more questions!
The answer to your question is: Buy one of each like I did! :biggrin1:

View attachment 1123298

Great lineup!! Congrats!! :a29:

View attachment 1123298

Whoa!

I recently picked up two Yaqi brushes from a member: FS - Lot for sale - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/lot-for-sale.591128/#post-10789976

Both the brushes are quite useable, albeit somewhat less backbone and a way different face feel than my usual brushes which are Simpsons, Shavemac knots, TGN knots and the like.

For the price, at least initially, the Yaqi seem okay. Now I'll see how they bloom and how long they'll last. I do get the feeling the badger hair on the Yaqi brushes is heavily treated/processed and I'm sure not ready to sell my other brushes :001_smile .

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I was able to get the Sagrada Familia synth for the grand total of 1,6 EUR on sale.. shipped! Perfect little brush. I'm wondering why they charge shipping fees for certain brushes and others not, the Moka synth looks amazing.
Where were you able to find that good a price?

Top Bottom