What's new

Revamp @razoremporium

This is a message to anyone who is thinking to send in a razor to pisarcik &co.

They have my razor for a revamp since December 2019. Now is July 2020. As of today there is no sign of the serviced and revamped 1907 single ring Gillette razor. I've received a few misleading e-mails and a bunch of excuses during the 7 months period. Now, they even stopped answering to my emails. I don't know what is going on in his service shop, but I have the feeling that I can kiss my razor and $100+ goodbye.

So, just a friendly advice: think twice before you are sending in something valuable to that guy, you might never see it again.

This unfortunately is a pattern at Razor emporium there are multiple threads on this forum and others about them being unresponsive, losing razors, or destroying them.
Learned my lesson.... Never again. No wonder he is getting fatter by the day on naive people's money.

If you look around here you'll see lots of negative feedback about him unfortunately. He looks like such a nice guy in his YouTube videos, but quite the opposite in reality. File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, they might be able to help you.

I frequently hear this same thing. Another common one is sending a razor back with simply a polish (if even any work at all). Shame.

I wish him all the best with this virus spike in Arizona.... I don't know how much a test costs, but I am pretty sure he can afford it from our money.

Back about 2009 or so, I bought a razor from Matt Pisarcik. Never received it. He kept giving me a song and dance over refunding the money... said he posted it, and other phony ploys. At that time he was known as "Bingo Bob," among the myriad names he has had since. He was banned from this site at that time, but he obviously made it back, and also found more folks to abuse on other sites.
The only way I ended up getting my money back was by dumb luck.. He had joined Linked-In, I must have been in his address book, and I got an email. I found he worked at a hospital in Arizona. I contacted him, and eventually got my funds returned.. I had chalked it up to a learning experience... and so it was..

Caveat Emptor...

Meh. Never had an issue with any order from RE, and if I sent a razor in for work, in the middle of Covid, I'd assume it was going to be a while. Whatever. The lady that answered the phone a few weeks back even offered to extend the code/refund 20% when I inquired about it. They're good with me.
The post I linked to isn't about Covid related slow shipping. I'm glad you haven't had any problems. Many, many people have had problems through the years, & still have problems now. I'm merely bringing it to people's attention so if they get burned, they will have no one to blame but themselves since there is so much documentation of bad service, price gouging, lost & damaged razors, etc. when dealing with Razor Emporium.

Really?
This place has been up and running for many years and way, way before you registered.
How many times this happened with RE?!

...and for all I know, the people complaining are competitors or an angry girlfriend; this is the internet.

Not trying to be rude, but I don't care anymore. Some people have posted bad experiences, some people have posted good experiences. Life is too short and precious to fritter it away arguing on the internet over one side of the story. I'm happy with them, and will continue to buy from them.

As for this thread, I'm out

Razor Emporium is a 5 person operation. We are not amazon or wal-mart. We are a small business and we have never claimed to be perfect. But the amount of 5 stars and rave reviews we get does and always will surpass the amount of dissatisfied ones. I understand people are frustrated with us at this time, and trust me we are frustrated too! We were shut down by the city for 9 weeks, to a small business that's like a whole year. No seriously it hit us hard. And we are fully aware you want your razors back and we are working very hard on getting these back orders completed. 5 to 7 razors a day are being shipped out. I'm sorry the delay is so upsetting to some, but we aren't Elves. We were not prepared for the city to shut down at all. Honestly no one was prepared for this Covid Crap! So I am sorry that you are upset, but we promise we are doing our best. As far as people not getting their razors back, at one point in time that might have happened. But we assure you that if it did than it has not happened in a very long time. We have new processes in order to make sure your razor stays with your paperwork from start to finish. I get it, you want a miracle, you want us to be able to take back everything we have ever done wrong. But we can't, all we can do is strive to be better. And I promise you we do that every single day. Some weeks I forget what my kids look like because I am so focused on our customers. Like right now it's 9:30pm and I'm sitting at my desk to address this. Here's the conclusion. I hear you. I see you. And I am trying my hardest to do right by those who feel we have wrong them. But the guy who wrote this post, he has already made threats to me via email. There isn't much more I can do now because I won't be disrespected by someone who thinks name calling and bashing someone is the answer. So I hope you see now, we aren't perfect but we sure do try real hard! Happy Shaving -DeeJay

This is a message to anyone who is thinking to send in a razor to pisarcik &co.

They have my razor for a revamp since December 2019. Now is July 2020. As of today there is no sign of the serviced and revamped 1907 single ring Gillette razor. I've received a few misleading e-mails and a bunch of excuses during the 7 months period. Now, they even stopped answering to my emails. I don't know what is going on in his service shop, but I have the feeling that I can kiss my razor and $100+ goodbye.

So, just a friendly advice: think twice before you are sending in something valuable to that guy, you might never see it again.

Don't worry Mihai I have already told you that as soon as I am able to get into the shop I will ship your razor out. I put in a ticket to make it URGENT and I am sure the boys are working on it! Thank you for your time and patience! Happy having Dj!

As far as people not getting their razors back, at one point in time that might have happened. But we assure you that if it did than it has not happened in a very long time.

This seems... aggressive. Creates account and then just kind of goes off.

Regardless of the situation at hand this is a bad look for any business.

I honestly have no skin in this game - but that response right there alone would leave me leery of ever using their service.

I understand this is a crazy time, I understand sometimes customers can frustrate us or we get frustrated at customers who we don’t think see things from our side - but as a person who deals with customers regularly I have had to swallow the desire to lash out at them even if I felt like they deserved it many times.

Last edited by a moderator:
This seems... aggressive. Creates account and then just kind of goes off.

Regardless of the situation at hand this is a bad look for any business.

I honestly have no skin in this game - but that response right there alone would leave me leery of ever using their service.

I understand this is a crazy time, I understand sometimes customers can frustrate us or we get frustrated at customers who we don’t think see things from our side - but as a person who deals with customers regularly I have had to swallow the desire to lash out at them even if I felt like they deserved it many times.

Yes and what a professional handle to represent their brand: DeeJay1984, not Razor Emporium, SMH. No reason to hang these guys, they're doing it all by themselves!

This unfortunately is a pattern at Razor emporium there are multiple threads on this forum and others about them being unresponsive, losing razors, or destroying them.
Learned my lesson.... Never again. No wonder he is getting fatter by the day on naive people's money.
If you look around here you'll see lots of negative feedback about him unfortunately. He looks like such a nice guy in his YouTube videos, but quite the opposite in reality. File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, they might be able to help you.
I frequently hear this same thing. Another common one is sending a razor back with simply a polish (if even any work at all). Shame.
Or sending someone else's razor back to you, good luck ever getting your granddad's heirloom returned.
This guy has "lost" many of rare vintage and/or heirloom razors sent to him by honourable forum members over the past decade or so. He has told so many lies to all of them so far...
Buyers beware!
Back about 2009 or so, I bought a razor from Matt Pisarcik. Never received it. He kept giving me a song and dance over refunding the money... said he posted it, and other phony ploys. At that time he was known as "Bingo Bob," among the myriad names he has had since. He was banned from this site at that time, but he obviously made it back, and also found more folks to abuse on other sites.
The only way I ended up getting my money back was by dumb luck.. He had joined Linked-In, I must have been in his address book, and I got an email. I found he worked at a hospital in Arizona. I contacted him, and eventually got my funds returned.. I had chalked it up to a learning experience... and so it was..

Caveat Emptor...

Past & present - problems & complaints continue.

I was this close to using RE, but this is kinda turning me off..
Guess I will be looking elsewhere now.. Especially don't need this kinda drama, and it seems really odd to just create an account at random because of a negative thread..

ut the amount of 5 stars and rave reviews we get does and always will surpass the amount of dissatisfied ones
If this was really the case it would be easy to just ignore a thread like this, because all the positive reviews would negate this? Right? Kinda setting off red flags for me..
I'm out.

Top Bottom