: Razorock Lupo
Blade: Gillette Nacet (5)
Brush: 24mm ApShaveCo SynBad w/ ruby ripple handle
Pre-Shave: Shower and face wash
Lather: eShave White tea shave cream
Aftershave: Osage Rub / eShave white tea AS balm
IMG_20200710_205630.jpg

Sat shave vign.jpg

Today's shave starts with GD Mallard RC soap paired with a Uomo Da Vinci 290 brush. Made a nice lather. Then used my Timeless SS SB .68 loaded with a Personna Lab blade for its 13th shave. This is turning out to be my favorite combo. After a four-pass shave used some Thayers Rose Petal WH and Neutrogena Triple Protect, followed by TOBS Sandalwood Cologne as my fragrance.

Sat 11 SOTD
Soap PAA Solstice
Bowl Turkish Copper
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor RR Game Changer.84 SB w SK handle
Blade Wizamet Super Iridium 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Lather today was ok but not slick enough. Scent very nice though.
Shave with razor paired with famous blade 1st use was comfortable and smooth. Due to quality of lather can feel each stroke kinda harsh but the razor/blade combo was forgiving. 3 multiple passes and noticed 1 tiny weeper & creeper. Somehow always suffers weepers when using the super knurl handle.
Post & Aftershave feel was very good because of excellent icy water rinse followed by Special Thayers then Hyaluronic and Reuzel. No irritation & felt very smooth and soft. 9/10 today
20200711_111940.jpg

20200711_160558.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Fri, July 10th 2020

Razor: One blade core Version 2- Mfg 2018> excellent 3 pass daily driver IMO.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE modified(6) Excellent blade in all aspects of a SE blade.
Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum- Mild scent with great lather qualities that I enjoy, excellent cost.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm synthetic black marble handle- great lathering brush in all aspects.
Pre-shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep:Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
Post shave:Pinaud Clubman with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:Excellent shave with my Oneblade core version 2.

SE SOTD, Fri, July 10th 2020 (3).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Sat, July 11th 2020

Razor: Tom White TNNSER 3D printed - MFG 2019> Light razor & having a little fun with it, dialing it in still.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (4) excellent blade.
Soap: Razorock blue barber- great lather qualities with nice mid range scent.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm- this is one of the best brushes I used over the last 3.5 years.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: great shave with my TNNSER razor & Gem blade.

SE SOTD, Sat, july 11th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Saturday shave.

Gillette slim razor set on "5" with a Gillette 7 o'clock black blade. 28mm Paladin samurai brush in lime.

IMG_6995.jpeg

I have had the slim for years, and have really only used it a couple of times. Was going to put it up for sale soon since it has been sitting idle for years in the drawer. Have to say, I really enjoyed it and think I will keep it. Was the first time I have used it on my head and to do a little more clean up than usual. Think I will dial it up to "6" next time and see how it goes. Love the Forbes lime, an amazing summertime scent and performs like a champ.

Have a good weekend folks!

Saturday, 7/11:

Razor - Muhle Rocca
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Brad Sears "1000" bone resin 26mm Estate 2-band
Soap - Wholly Kaw Pompelmo
A/S - Hawaiian Shaving Co Lemon Lavender

No time for a pic today, but this was fantastic. Soap scent is fairly simple grapefruit and pith, but just perfect. This brush is phenomenal, naturally soft tips without gel, great backbone and splay. Razor was super smooth with a 6th use Astra, giving me an excellent close shave. Got things wrapped up pretty quickly too but still thoroughly enjoyed it. 👌

BBE96F22-F0DA-4099-9B43-E0AB079B9719.jpeg

SOTD SATURDAY, JULY 11, 2020

Today turned out to be Sandalwood, Slim, Straight Saturday to be alliterative. One more day after today of scent freedom before SWMBO returns. So being a nasal barbarian, I decided to pull out all the stops, practically bathe in some of my favorite scents! It’s great; I definitely reek, and have no concern for balance or harmony in scent application. I just need to get it out of my system before it’s back to Unscented Purgatory on Monday!

The shave went well, DFS++ all around. I used my father’s Gillette Slim opened up all the way for the dome shave and one of the two Custom Damascus straight razors my son gifted me on Father’s Day for the mug. I informed him that the straight razors, and in fact my entire safety razor collection would be returned to him after I leave this realm to make acquaintance with all our dead relatives. I just love it; I feel refreshed, smell like a low rent barbershop with my DFS mug and clean velveteen noggin.

RAZOR: Custom Damascus Straight (Mug), Gillette Slim (Dome)
BLADE: Suneko (2)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Rabid Banana Preshave Cube
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
CREAM: TOOBS Sandalwood w/ 6 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub. Finished with Royall Lyme AS and Ultimo EdT

SOTD-R_2020-07-11.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac Olive Wood 20/44 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: SS Gillette Tech with custom olive wood handle
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless (8)
ASL: Proraso Red

New Gillette Tech Training, Phase 1 (10 shaves), complete. :biggrin:

That was another very nice BBS shave. In fact, when I thought "Lo Storto Originale next" I was a little disappointed. I've grown to love this dirt cheap, stainless steel, P&G Chinese made Gillette Tech.

Even though I'm now getting BBS shaves easily with the Tech, I know there's still plenty more to learn. So I'm already looking forward to Phase 2 (whenever that might happen).

Razor: Gillette The New Long Comb Gold
Blade: Shark Super Stainless
Brush: Supply Silvertip Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Soap Smooth Barbershop
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
PSX_20200710_120820.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.