What's new

Current Daily Driver Razor

For me its always been the Toggle, occasionally I will use another razor for one or two shaves but always switch back & it's not because the others don't give a good shave.

The .95 Titanium is on my short list too. If I end up not liking it I’ll be very disappointed but at least I know it’s highly sellable.
I had one, and it was a bit heavy for my liking. Sold it on BST in about an hour. Definitely a great shaver, but a little too much mass for me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
The .95 Titanium is on my short list too. If I end up not liking it I’ll be very disappointed but at least I know it’s highly sellable.

So I love my Timeless .68 SB. I also own the Bronze .38 which I am almost as enamored with. I have considered acquiring a .95 base plate in stainless. Just wondering what the appeal of titanium is for yourself and @Macbeth .

So I love my Timeless .68 SB. I also own the Bronze .38 which I am almost as enamored with. I have considered acquiring a .95 base plate in stainless. Just wondering what the appeal of titanium is for yourself and @Macbeth .
I’m planning on the titanium for two reasons. 1. I don’t have a titanium razor, so it would be cool. 2. It’s much lighter than the stainless steel.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
I’m planning on the titanium for two reasons. 1. I don’t have a titanium razor, so it would be cool. 2. It’s much lighter than the stainless steel.

Those are two very legit answers and right in line with my thinking. I'll likely make a move on the aluminum sometime down the road.

Those are two very legit answers and right in line with my thinking. I'll likely make a move on the aluminum sometime down the road.
I am thinking the same. Another member advised me that the head on the aluminum razor is different geometry than the stainless steel or titanium, so you can’t really draw any direct correlation. But at $75 it’s a great value offering from Timeless.

Ridpath

FIGHTER!
Timeless 0.95 SB for now. Can’t get over how much I like this razor, was an instant convert from my old Merkur with 5 years’ faithful service when I first got it. Feel ever so slightly guilty...

I rotate my razors on a weekly basis. Currently I shave with a 1962's Flare Tip.
She's a wonderful and smooth razor...
20200517_111924-01-01.jpeg

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Timeless 0.95 SB for now. Can’t get over how much I like this razor, was an instant convert from my old Merkur with 5 years’ faithful service when I first got it. Feel ever so slightly guilty...
Feels almost like cheating, right?

Changes a lot for me. Am trying a GC .68 right now for something more mild than my Diamondback and CG 2, since I shave 6 days a week, and am rediscovering what a great razor it is. Have a Wolfman 1.15 on the way and am worried it might be too efficient for a daily shaver, but reviews of it here are so good that I’m actually not that worried. So many great razors...

Blackbird OC polished. It is the most efficient and safest razor I have ever used. I use other razors in a rotation, but the Blackbird is the top of the top.

I don't know I get an awful lot of nicks with the Blackbird. My Ti Timeless .95 is sooo much more forgiving of sloppy technique. ymmv.

My two daily drivers used to be the ATT Aluminum Calypso H2 and the Muhle R41, two extremly efficient razors. Not the most comfortable shaves (not too bad neither!) but very close, almost BBS shaves with two passes and minor cleanup.

Recently I find myself reaching for my relatively new (2-3 months, maybe a bit longer) Fatip Piccolo Originale. Almost as close as my ATT and R41 but much smoother, comfortable shaves.

For a cool Jackson, best bang for your shaving buck in my book!

I agree 100% on the piccolo. Very underrated razor. The only issue I've encountered at that price point is uneven blade alignment. I don't count the occasional finishing issues as a detriment due to the low cost of the Fatips.

Changes a lot for me. Am trying a GC .68 right now for something more mild than my Diamondback and CG 2, since I shave 6 days a week, and am rediscovering what a great razor it is. Have a Wolfman 1.15 on the way and am worried it might be too efficient for a daily shaver, but reviews of it here are so good that I’m actually not that worried. So many great razors...
I love the GC .84 and ordered the WR2 1.25. I have the same thoughts.

Right now, I have to admit that my TIMELESS .68 SS is best all around: never ANY issues.

I'm thinking about trying the .95 TIMELESS TITANIUM since I hear it is a "soft shaver."
But a lot of money to be disappointed.

Don't fear the Ti Timeless .95. I have one and it's the smoothest DE I own by far. When I purchase a new DE it gets compared to the Timeless and not one has yet to rival it. That includes Tatara, Razorock, Charcoal Goods, Blackland, and many others. Hell, if you don't like the Timeless take advantage of their return policy. You won't want to though, I promise.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
My daily driver has changed to a Timeless SS .68. I use the EJ Chatsworth on occasion still and the Fatip Nobile, but mostly the Timeless.

Top Bottom