What's new

Tennis anyone?

It looks like Coco Tennis is here.
After a come from behind victory against Polona Hercog today she will play seventh ranked Simona Halep in the round of sixteen.
The future of women's tennis is now brighter with the addition of his gritty 15 year old.

Tennis season is off for a while.
I’m going to start running 🏃 until it starts up again!
Couch to 5K here I come.

Denver Tennis started today- sort of. Gates Tennis Center opened today. Most public courts have had nets removed and many are padlocked or tapes. I’ll sign up for a ladder.
So far, no leagues or tournaments. At least it is a chance to get out and hit a few.

I'm down to play some tennis as my state opens up more. Have been missing out for several months. Just a casual HS varsity/ a bit of college player, playing for fun with my local friends.

I'm down to play some tennis as my state opens up more. Have been missing out for several months. Just a casual HS varsity/ a bit of college player, playing for fun with my local friends.
Me too.
It’s good just to get out again
Fewer courts in use.
No league play or group activities such as group lessons or round robins.
Doubles are discouraged but allowed.

Today the Tennis Center Manager called and needed help stringing racquets. I did 10 with 7 for tomorrow.
We had a couple strong thunderstorms⛈ roll through with heavy winds and hail.
No tennis yet but I’m looking forward to getting back out there.

Tennis is opening up in Denver
Two tennis centers are open and and nets are going up in the major parks.
No leagues or groups over four.
Masks to be worn in the pro shops but not necessary on court. Sanitation supplies are on court. Clean up when you are finished. Various social distancing plans are still being discussed.
Tennis anyone? 🎾

Hi there. I love to play tennis too. I stopped for about 15 years and started playing again last year. The hardest part for me when I started to play again was with which racquet to use. I used Head prestige classic 600 before. And it was so hard for me to find one. Good thing I was able to buy head igmp. I also have the Head pro tour 2.0 coming to try out.

Hi there. I love to play tennis too. I stopped for about 15 years and started playing again last year. The hardest part for me when I started to play again was with which racquet to use. I used Head prestige classic 600 before. And it was so hard for me to find one. Good thing I was able to buy head igmp. I also have the Head pro tour 2.0 coming to try out.

I’m glad to hear you are laying again. Yes, the racquets and game has changed. I used to be on staff with Head and will try the Tour 2.0 on Friday.
If it’s anything like the original it should be a solid control frame. Let’s compare our notes.

I’m glad to hear you are laying again. Yes, the racquets and game has changed. I used to be on staff with Head and will try the Tour 2.0 on Friday.
If it’s anything like the original it should be a solid control frame. Let’s compare our notes.
I think its gonna be easier to play with. I mean with the increased stiffness it will give us a bit power and control. Ive ready reviews that its still comfortable but its not close enough to the pt57a. Loving the head igmp and the pt2.0 will be my secondary racquet.

I’m need new racquets too.
My Blade 93 is no longer made.
Looking at the Pro 2.0, Pure Strike, and Pro Staff 97.
The word I’ve received about the Pro 2.0 is that is is similar to the Pro Staff and has a bit of pop. The extra weight is what I’m looking forward to. I also like the handle shape.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Just thought I'd step out of the shadows....I've been lurking here for a while. I used to play in high school, then I got to college and discovered REAL players, so I stepped out of the game for a bit. But one of my first jobs was with a company that had tennis courts on the property and I'd play during my lunch hour (this was in the mid 90's). I'm now a fairly dedicated spectator and have the wife hooked on watching it with me. We've been to a half dozen US Opens and this was the year we were going to head to Wimbledon and travel over to Indian Wells....but both of those are delayed for us (and possibly others).

Looking forward to hearing you gents discuss the game and new equipment.

I’m need new racquets too.
My Blade 93 is no longer made.
Looking at the Pro 2.0, Pure Strike, and Pro Staff 97.
The word I’ve received about the Pro 2.0 is that is is similar to the Pro Staff and has a bit of pop. The extra weight is what I’m looking forward to. I also like the handle shape.
I tried the PS97 RF. Gave me tennis elbow. Im comfortable with heavy racquets with low flex rating. I love the heft so that the racquet can do its job while Im relaxed through the swing motion.

Just thought I'd step out of the shadows....I've been lurking here for a while. I used to play in high school, then I got to college and discovered REAL players, so I stepped out of the game for a bit. But one of my first jobs was with a company that had tennis courts on the property and I'd play during my lunch hour (this was in the mid 90's). I'm now a fairly dedicated spectator and have the wife hooked on watching it with me. We've been to a half dozen US Opens and this was the year we were going to head to Wimbledon and travel over to Indian Wells....but both of those are delayed for us (and possibly others).

Get back out there.
It’s a game for a lifetime and the new racquets make it easier to play. Many are discounted now. Some good buys out there.

The closest I have been to the US Open was when I was invited to string racquets for Wilson. Why don’t you and the wife get out and hit a few.
I do with my wife and she has carpel tunnel.
Rediscover the yabba dabba doo of tennis.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
The closest I have been to the US Open was when I was invited to string racquets for Wilson. Why don’t you and the wife get out and hit a few.
I do with my wife and she has carpel tunnel.
Rediscover the yabba dabba doo of tennis.
We used to live in NYC and I regret not going to the Open more often then we did, now we're in Louisiana -- and we fly to NYC whenever we can (or at least could). I'm in rural Louisiana (spitting distance to the Mississippi border) which means it's about an hour to anything resembling a city...or a tennis court. I've got a few dozen excuses as to why I don't play anymore, but the biggest is access to a court. That said, I know I could make it happen with some travel. I'll admit to missing the game, I was never great, but it was the one sport I enjoyed as a kid (and adult).

Look at that, you've got me thinking about getting back out there!!! Do you/did you ever coach?

If there isn't an active Tennis discussion, let's get one started.
Wood? Metal? Graphite?
What is your all time favorite?

Wood: Dunlop Maxply Fort, VS or PDP Durachrome 16L @ 60 lbs.
Metal: Head Pro, Head Elite @ 60 lbs.
Graphite: Wilson Ultra II Mid, VS or NXT 17L @ 60 lbs.

Ah, memories. I can't remember the exact names of racquets & lbs, but I believe I first picked up the old wooden racquets of my sisters, Wilson Chris Evert, to hit with some friends at the swim club.

Then it became borrowing my brother's Wilson Jimmy Connors metal one, before I got my own, a Spalding aluminum. My first oversize graphite was a Bard, which I had read about in Tennis magazine.

I have to say I loved that Jimmy Connors metal one, at the time very powerful, but man, what a sweet spot on the oversize graphite.

Haven't played in ages, and hip arthritis will keep me away for the remainder of this lifetime.

Ah, memories. I can't remember the exact names of racquets & lbs, but I believe I first picked up the old wooden racquets of my sisters, Wilson Chris Evert, to hit with some friends at the swim club.

Then it became borrowing my brother's Wilson Jimmy Connors metal one, before I got my own, a Spalding aluminum. My first oversize graphite was a Bard, which I had read about in Tennis magazine.

I have to say I loved that Jimmy Conners metal one, at the time very powerful, but man, what a sweet spot on the oversize graphite.
What fun!
I’ll reply later

I have to say I loved that Jimmy Connors metal one, at the time very powerful, but man, what a sweet spot on the oversize graphite.

Haven't played in ages, and hip arthritis will keep me away for the remainder of this lifetime.
I remember those racquets.
The Spading was probably the Smasher a popular aluminum frame. I’ve strung for Jimmy Connors and Chris Evert.
Jimmy was a great guy.
Are you playing?

Top Bottom