What's new

July 4th Contest

I’m in

When our daughter was 4 or 5 the city decided to have a Kiddy parade for the 4th. My wife asked her if she wanted to go to @ Kiddy parade and she thought it was fun. So we went and took her bike. After about 5 minutes she melted down because “where are all the kitties?” ‘T’ and ‘D’ sound too much alike. She was heart broken because there weren’t any kitties in the parade. Last weekend we actually talked about the experience and her comment was why would she want to walk in a parade with a bunch of kids. 30 some years later!

I’m in!

My favorite July 4th memory is taking our family’s boat out into Dana Point harbor when I was a kid and watching the city’s fireworks from the deck after a day of swimming and fishing. Was a family tradition. I have my own family now and I’m hoping to start a new tradition, but I don’t know what it will be yet. This year we’re spending the day with a bunch of families in the neighborhood, sort of a block party, I guess. Maybe that will be our new tradition.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I’m in. My favorite memory is Mike Butler’s family. During my childhood this family had a fireworks show every 4th even though it was illegal .

My other memory about the 4th is that it was usually hotter than ‘h’.

Generous pif, I'm in please.

My favorite 4th of July memory has to be a few years back, watching the fireworks at Downtown Disney with my two daughters. My youngest was 2, sitting on my shoulders in awe of the whole show. What a great memory.

I’m in, sir, and thanks!

My favorite 4th of July memory remains some fuzzy experience back in the ‘70s that saw me able to purchase serious fireworks w/o the necessity of having a pesky adult around. Bottle rockets and firecrackers were tons of fun. :)

In, certainly. Looking forward to trying your products.

Growing up in a small farming community, it was a huge event when we gathered at the local ball field and watched the fireworks. There was a hill behind home plate and it was filled with folks enjoying the spectacle. Never as big as the big cities, but perfect for the locals.

My favorite memory is of July 4th 1976. Everybody and everything was red, white and blue and flags were just everywhere. I still remember people wearing red and white striped pants and blue shirts of which some had stars as well. The best part was I was with my grandparents who I still miss dearly. I even remember running around all day with sparklers and lighter that wasn't adult proof, while at a fair or gathering in East Hampton Ct. To this day the 4th of July with my grandparents is a memory I still carry, and it popped into my mind just a few weeks ago tbt.

I’m in! First 7/4 in DC 2002, first 7/4 after 9/11. i spent it right by the reflection pool on the Lawn but clearly in the wrong spot!! I had ash raining on me all night! Not as great an experience as i hoped. So many people trying to get on the metro to go home, should have gone to a bar, i dont know what i was thinking.

I'm in. Independence Day has always been special. We live in a small town that has their parade & fireworks on the 3rd. It's always been a family day - cookout then sit on the street & watch the "Horribles Parade" It's always been fun to see neighbors, the floats, the bands - just a great time. Once it gets dark, there is the fireworks as well. This allows the town to visit surrounding towns for their July 4th celebrations on the day. Now that our kids are grown up, we get to do it all over again with the grand kids & I look forward (God willing!) to celebrating with the great grand kids some day. Great company, great weather, great food. What's not to love?

My favorite memory is of July 4th 1976. Everybody and everything was red, white and blue and flags were just everywhere. I still remember people wearing red and white striped pants and blue shirts of which some had stars as well. The best part was I was with my grandparents who I still miss dearly. I even remember running around all day with sparklers and lighter that wasn't adult proof, while at a fair or gathering in East Hampton Ct. To this day the 4th of July with my grandparents is a memory I still carry, and it popped into my mind just a few weeks ago tbt.
I don't know if needed but I forgot to add I'm in please and Hapy Indepence day to all my Badger and Blade brethren!

I’m in.

My favorite Independence Day is this Independence Day. The weather is nice and just my wife and I enjoying the day and appreciating our freedom that was so hard fought and defended by those that came before us. Later today I’ll cook some burgers on the grill and we’ll have some strawberry shortcake and store bought ice cream. We will reminisce about past Independence Days and at some point we will recall making homemade ice cream and that year we had to wear sweaters in the back yard.

I see protests about how bad our country is, and think that where else would these protests be tolerated and allowed. Our country is imperfect, but it is still the closest thing to perfection that anyone has come up with.

Happy Birthday America, and may God bless this USA.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm in: the Nor'easter drew me in!

For close to 30 years me lovely bride and I have thrown a BBQ/block party/friend and family/cookout/ wiffleball/ fireworks display. A bonfire at the end where my brothers and cousins and boyhood friends sit around and tell takes of our stupidity/heroism to the next generation of idiots!

This year the Covid forced us to cancel, sadly.

I’m in.
my favorite Independence Day was with 30 something redneck relatives playin croquet, swimmin, barbequein, and shooting fireworks off. We honestly could afford nicer cars if we didn’t spend so much on fireworks and alcohol! And i probably wouldn’t of had to stand on a 6.5 inch lift truck with a hose putting out a tree fire...
I was 16

4th of July 2004.

Greece won UEFA European Championship Cup

The Soccer Ball Smiley

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I’m in.
my favorite Independence Day was with 30 something redneck relatives playin croquet, swimmin, barbequein, and shooting fireworks off. We honestly could afford nicer cars if we didn’t spend so much on fireworks and alcohol! And i probably wouldn’t of had to stand on a 6.5 inch lift truck with a hose putting out a tree fire...
I was 16
We might be cuzzins my friend!

Top Bottom