I'm just glad barbershops are open again and I can finally get haircuts again

Attachments

• 20200512_194654.jpg
    20200512_194654.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 20200512_194049.jpg
    20200512_194049.jpg
    859.3 KB · Views: 17
Still haven't trimmed up the winter beard. I trimmed up to about a 6-8 month beard last spring. Been thinking of trimming, but can't quite bring myself to it yet.
View attachment 1102856

Wow, great beard! You look to have what happens to mine, the last inch or so of your beard doesn't have the density of the rest. In your case if you get a very minor trim (mostly just the bottom) it will actually look longer and fuller.

Wow, great beard! You look to have what happens to mine, the last inch or so of your beard doesn't have the density of the rest. In your case if you get a very minor trim (mostly just the bottom) it will actually look longer and fuller.
Thanks man! Yeah, it could definitely use a small trim. The density can look much different depending on shirt color and lighting. In a black shirt it looks pretty full to the end and in a white shirt or shirt with writing or design it looks like I need to trim 5 inches off. If/when I trim it will most likely be a big trim. Thinking going back to 2-4 inches on chin and thin cheeks out quite a bit. Maybe even go to more of a ducktail style.

Thanks man! Yeah, it could definitely use a small trim. The density can look much different depending on shirt color and lighting. In a black shirt it looks pretty full to the end and in a white shirt or shirt with writing or design it looks like I need to trim 5 inches off. If/when I trim it will most likely be a big trim. Thinking going back to 2-4 inches on chin and thin cheeks out quite a bit. Maybe even go to more of a ducktail style.

Looks like it would grow back pretty quickly if you didn't like it haha so give it a shot! It sounds like you are used to trimming it down then letting it grow and repeating so I'm sure you know what to do. When in doubt, ask the Mrs. She's the one who has to look at you the most lol.

Looks like it would grow back pretty quickly if you didn't like it haha so give it a shot! It sounds like you are used to trimming it down then letting it grow and repeating so I'm sure you know what to do. When in doubt, ask the Mrs. She's the one who has to look at you the most lol.

I've been growing it and trimming it ever since I first could. Some days I think I should let it go another year and see how long it could actually grow others I fell it's really starting to get in the way and am tired of all the shedding. It's hard to believe it can stay as thick as it is with the amount of hair I loose while washing and combing int the mornings and just throughout the day. My wife is Ok with it either way, but does get tied of the hair everywhere too. Between my beard and my daughter's hair half way down her back it can add up quick.

I've been growing it and trimming it ever since I first could. Some days I think I should let it go another year and see how long it could actually grow others I fell it's really starting to get in the way and am tired of all the shedding. It's hard to believe it can stay as thick as it is with the amount of hair I loose while washing and combing int the mornings and just throughout the day. My wife is Ok with it either way, but does get tied of the hair everywhere too. Between my beard and my daughter's hair half way down her back it can add up quick.

If you don't mind my asking, what do you wash it with and how frequently?

If you don't mind my asking, what do you wash it with and how frequently?
It just depends how dirty it gets. It gets at least rinsed almost every day. I have a couple different beard washes or regular shampoos. I've even used gojo hand cleaner if it gets too bad. I'm an electrician and mostly do industrial or restaurant maintenance. I can get into some nasty stuff at times.

Most of my shedding seems to be normal shedding root is usually still there not broken off.

I'm gowing the first real beard in my life. I retired from the military in December 2019 after 29 years and haven't shaved since. I gave my up glorious head of hair to military service and was balding to the point I started head shaving in 2004. In the 29 years I was allowed/required to grow a beard twice due to missions requirements. The longest time was two months worth of growth. The longer it gets the more my wife despises it. I'm planning on getting it slightly trimmed in July.

IMG_3726.jpeg

It just depends how dirty it gets. It gets at least rinsed almost every day. I have a couple different beard washes or regular shampoos. I've even used gojo hand cleaner if it gets too bad. I'm an electrician and mostly do industrial or restaurant maintenance. I can get into some nasty stuff at times.

Most of my shedding seems to be normal shedding root is usually still there not broken off.
Alright, another fellow electrician.

I mostly work on commercial stuff, occasionally i'll do a residential favor for a few people. I use beard wash every other day, since i have a woodworking side business. Working in the garage gets sawdust all over my beard. I do use a good dust mask. And i recently discovered that cutting up an old under armour shirt, and wrapping it around my face just to cover my beard works wonders, no dust in the beard. I can still fit my dust mask and all. I can't believe i didn't think of this sooner.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I call it a handlebarred goatee, but no doubt others would call it something different. Beard types vary too much to drop neatly in pre-defined styles.

IMG_20200630_230857_edit.jpg

I call it a handlebarred goatee, but no doubt others would call it something different. Beard types vary too much to drop neatly in pre-defined styles.

View attachment 1119926
Nice I like the loose braid. I see some guys pull they so tight it looks uncomfortable and I wonder how they even talk or go about their day without a lot of pulling. I'm not sure if they think it looks longer or more tidy, but I don't get it. Looks like a good way of keeping it out of the way.

I did trim mine up quite a bit a few weeks ago. I still have a pretty full beard, but I cut more off than I left. I'll try to get a pic up sometime.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Nice I like the loose braid. I see some guys pull they so tight it looks uncomfortable and I wonder how they even talk or go about their day without a lot of pulling. I'm not sure if they think it looks longer or more tidy, but I don't get it. Looks like a good way of keeping it out of the way.

Thanks. Yeah, the first time I tried it, it was way too tight. Now, I make sure the first couple of turns are quite loose, then gradually tighten up.

Thanks. Yeah, the first time I tried it, it was way too tight. Now, I make sure the first couple of turns are quite loose, then gradually tighten up.

When mine was longer I would sometimes have to try to fit it into a beard net if I was working in a food process plant a braid was the only way it would even come close. Sometimes I would braid it quick if using power tools or working around motors and belts. I didn't even need to put a rubber band on it the curls would hold it together for a couple hours.

Top Bottom