What's new

Muhle Rocca Version 4

I'm not sure that they ended the exchange program. I received my V4 head two weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As everyone engaged in this hobby of classic wet shaving I have paid a lot and didn't need a "free" v4 head. It's all about customer service and company policies ... So I am "a different customer" and they have a different policy about me. That's what I see ... Did I do anything wrong when I asked for something the company did to other customers who made it public??? Surely no.

Strange. I read about this exchange here on this thread about a month ago.
I emailed them with a picture of my V1 head.
Two weeks ago I received a free V4 head.
Interesting what changed.
Sorry to hear your experience.

Strange. I read about this exchange here on this thread about a month ago.
I emailed them with a picture of my V1 head.
Two weeks ago I received a free V4 head.
Interesting what changed.
Sorry to hear your experience.

Please just contact them to inform them...just kidding...

They just emailed me offering a new head for 15€ plus shipping costs...
No comment!
Still an awesome deal for a brand new machined head. Trust you will pull the trigger. Hope you love it. Based on the feedback, sounds like the feel isn't that different from V3, but there is a very different feel from the V1 and V2. Whether free or 15 EUR, I'm envious of all of you guys.

Their newest response is that they only replace defected heads. That's a pure joke! I am very mad and really disappointed! I am not going to contact them anymore, I have had enough. It's a good thing there are options and companies with great customer service to everybody!!!

Their newest response is that they only replace defected heads. That's a pure joke! I am very mad and really disappointed! I am not going to contact them anymore, I have had enough. It's a good thing there are options and companies with great customer service to everybody!!!

Which head you have?

I was one of the folks who, early in this thread, mentioned that I had received a new V4 head from Muhle in Germany after emailing them. In my initial email I offered to buy a new head, but they requested photos of the V3 and sent a free V4 after seeing those pictures. I have assumed that they saw some fault in that V3 head, but I can't say that I know that for sure.

As a matter of course, I agree with an earlier poster who stated that it didn't make business sense for a company to develop a "new, improved" model and then give it away to everyone who had purchased the earlier model. Imagine if car companies did that! On the other hand, if there were a defect in the earlier model, replacement would make sense. I thought the V3 was a good razor, but there is a considerable improvement in the V4. Some others have posted that they haven't noticed any difference in the shave between the two. That also bolsters my belief that my V3 may be defective, even if I haven't noticed it visually.

I would expect the community to support my fair demand for equal customer support to everyone. Maybe an email from some of you would have done the job. I get the feeling that it happened from the opposite direction, the company contacted members ...
Anyway I would like to thank you all for your moral support and hope I can do the same for you if/when is needed.

I would expect the community to support my fair demand for equal customer support to everyone. Maybe an email from some of you would have done the job. I get the feeling that it happened from the opposite direction, the company contacted members ...
Anyway I would like to thank you all for your moral support and hope I can do the same for you if/when is needed.
I absolutely agree that any company should provide equal support to all customers. Without seeing all of the correspondence, however, I can't judge whether there were other factors that led to the disappointing way in which you were treated. I suggested above that perhaps they were only replacing faulty heads and that your photos did not demonstrate that your Rocca was defective. Another possibility is that not everyone at Muhle read the same memo about how to handle these requests. Perhaps you were treated differently because your case was handled by a different customer service agent.

I wonder if anyone can help me finding out which version my Mühle Rocca is?
7FF26461-184B-4927-B7CB-DE9370085A89.jpeg
650432A7-F8B8-4A8D-916E-A79AF94E500A.jpeg
5348DB96-8358-4C41-AFF3-0910087D33B8.jpeg

I broke down and bought a V3 R96 from Connaught a couple of weeks before V4 was announced, and got the following head. No circular MIM marks on the cap, but there is an hourglass-shaped relief around the center post. Wonder if it’s a transition model? It locks up perfectly with zero play and shaves extremely nicely, though I still prefer my R41 (wish they made it in stainless).

View attachment 1045989
I broke down and bought a V3 R96 from Connaught a couple of weeks before V4 was announced, and got the following head. No circular MIM marks on the cap, but there is an hourglass-shaped relief around the center post. Wonder if it’s a transition model? It locks up perfectly with zero play and shaves extremely nicely, though I still prefer my R41 (wish they made it in stainless).

View attachment 1045989
Recon I have the same version as you. I bought my Rocca 20th Oct -19. It’s confirmed by the retailer that I received V3 version. Without any MIM marks on the cap. Hmm? Do you know when the V4 was announced?
88E3107B-E209-4C8C-AE91-2C12F926B50F.jpeg

Top Bottom