What's new

PIF: Take a razor, add a razor

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
So if this is reinvigorated and moving forward I think it's awesome. I think I am out because of G.R.U.M.E. But I'm if I can make a stand on the technicality that I am breaking even. Regardless, this is a great idea and I hope it can be resurrected/keep on going.

With grad school and the blankety virus in full swing, this box has sat around. I dug around a bit last night, swapped some soap samples and blades, and eyeballed a couple razors. I'll take a closer look at the razors in the next couple days then I'll be ready to send it on.

Is this the current mailing list?

@Suhrim21
@jldallas
@ryinzana

Last edited:
The last guy who had the box was a total slacker 😢
I totally understand! I've had the box since May and have only touched it once. I need to just send it on otherwise it's going to get buried and forgotten and likely cursed to a half-forgotten life.

Honestly it's gotten so big, it needs to turn into a 'take 3, add 1' box. If I had the time, I'd break it down a bit and send off some misc bits as PIF packages for some newer members while keeping most of the razors as a take 1 add 1 to pass around.

Looks like I'll have to take some pics to drum up some interest. It's a nice box with some good razors, soap samples, a brush, blades, and even some oil.

If I had an idea of what's in it I might join in the fun. I've got some stuff to add, as long as it's not redundant. A pic or two is a great idea!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The last guy who had the box was a total slacker 😢
Ease up on that guy. Life is what happens when we have other plans my friend.

I have no horse in this race, but I think the idea of making a PIF of some of the things is a good idea, if the gents who have been contributors to it agree. Cut down on some of the postage. The weight of that thing has got to be climbing!

Ease up on that guy. Life is what happens when we have other plans my friend.

I have no horse in this race, but I think the idea of making a PIF of some of the things is a good idea, if the gents who have been contributors to it agree. Cut down on some of the postage. The weight of that thing has got to be climbing!
It's in a large flat rate box currently.

Below is a full inventory. This box originally started out as a razor only box but has ballooned into a giant large flat rate box with a ton of extra stuff in it. I propose splitting it into two boxes. Box one goes back to its roots and becomes a true take-a-razor, add-a-razor box with razors (and SE blades) only and in addition to a minimum post count of 100 posts, you must provide a working phone number in addition to a shipping address when your turn comes up. This should help jog the box along should life get in the way and it gets forgotten. Everything should fit into a small flat rate box, making it cheaper to send along. Box two will contain DE blades, soap samples, and the misc items as well. It will get passed around the Shave Clinic & Newbie Check-In forum for new users to take-something-add-something or just to experiment with different soaps/oils/blades/whatever. Everything might fit into a small flat-rate box, but definitely a medium box. Let me know what you all think.

Razors
Schick Injector
Ever-ready SE
Ever-Ready SE
Star SE
Gem MMOC
Gem SE
Schick Krona
Ball handle Tech
Fat handle Tech
Ball handle Old Type (thick cap)
50's Super Speed
Unknown TTO
Rapira DE
Tiny handle Tech
Unknown Bakelite DE
Valet Auto-Strop (in box)
Maggards head (in bag)
Maggards head (in bag)
Maggards OC head (in bag)
Dollar store razor (new in package)

Blades
Full Tucks:

7am Hi Platinum Durablade
Sharp Hi Chromium Durablade
Big Ben
Rapira Platinum Lux
Polsliver
Voskhod x2
Lord Platinum
7o'clock super stainless green x2
Single blades:
Unknown Bic x2
Feather x2
Treet Platinum
Trig x2
Super-Max Platinum
Gem SE blades x9ish
Schick Injector blades

Soaps
Arko sticks x4
Stirling Ozark Mountain sample
Barrister & Mann Reserve Classic sample
Barrister & Mann Diamond sample
Chiseled Face Santa Paula sample
Proraso Red sample
Dr. Jons Propaganda sample
Dr. Jons Defiance sample
Dr. Jons Conquest Sample
Lather & Wood Sandlewood partial puck
Williams Mug soap
Jack Black shave cream tubes x3
Old Spice shave cream partial tube

Misc
2 dropper jars of oil
tube of balm marked Eleven and Lime/Basil
Gillette aftershave lotion
Burma-Shave shaving brush in box (appears unused)

Attachments

• 20200630_183057.jpg
    20200630_183057.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • 20200630_183121.jpg
    20200630_183121.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • 20200630_191202.jpg
    20200630_191202.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
As to the list, Suhrim is out, and I haven't heard from jldallas or ryinzana yet, but I'll give them a few more days.

Current list:
jldallas (pending response)
ryinzana (pending response)
Chad3
NicksDad?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
@spolct : I'm 100 percent in agreement with this scheme of yours!

But I have a feeling that a Moderator will have to sign off on this.

Lol, they are so low key I can't remember any except @Toothpick . Maybe he will pick up, lol. (Except he's young and actually werks fer a livin'!)

@spolct : I'm 100 percent in agreement with this scheme of yours!

But I have a feeling that a Moderator will have to sign off on this.

Lol, they are so low key I can't remember any except @Toothpick . Maybe he will pick up, lol. (Except he's young and actually werks fer a livin'!)
I could be wrong but I don't think a moderator had to sign off on the creation of this passaround box, so I'm not sure that sign off is required to split it up but I'm open to input. If this stuff leaves my house in one box or two, once it's gone I'm not super concerned about what happens from there so long as it's in good hands.

I could be wrong but I don't think a moderator had to sign off on the creation of this passaround box, so I'm not sure that sign off is required to split it up but I'm open to input. If this stuff leaves my house in one box or two, once it's gone I'm not super concerned about what happens from there so long as it's in good hands.

@Jim was the moderator I spoke with to get it going again.

Thought Jim?

think it’s a brilliant idea.

Top Bottom