What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Tuesday shave 1.jpg

Tuesday shave 2.jpg

Today's shave pairs GD Asinus soap with a Paladin PK 47 brush. The razor is a UK Aristocrat with a Dorco st300 blade for a third and final shave. The aftershave was Thayers Rose Petal WH and L'Occtaine aftershave balm. The fragrance was Yves Saint Laurent.

A good shave. However, I am finding that the Dorco blade does not agree with my face. It is rather rough for me. Rating: 8.5/10.

CRSW Autumn Fougere soap. Doesn't really strike me as a fall scent, but is is an extremely nice, clean and slightly powdery green scent. Slickness is top tier, and it paired nicely with Man From Mayfair. The Yaqi 30mm tuxedo whipped up a rich, creamy lather. The Karve aluminum is my only razor now and I absolutely love it. I never get a single cut or weeper since going exclusively with this razor. 10/10 for sure!
IMG_0679.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Tue, June 30th 2020

Razor: Oneblade Core version 2- Mfg 2018> A good mild daily driver, 3 pass shaver IMO.
Blade: Gem SS PTFE modified (5) Excellent blade with all the good characteristics a person wants in a blade.
Soap: Barrister & Mann Seville- Great soap with great lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 24mm synthetic - I like this brush, reminds me of my broke in Omega boar brush - Scritch.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera Gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2(testing) + pickups.( Oneblade Core needs 3 passes).
Post shave: Avon "True Gent" colonge with witch hazel + a dollop of Avon True Gent balm.
Results:9/10 or CCS,DFS,BBB + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: good shave with my Oneblade Core.

SOTD, Tue June 30th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Very straight forward shave today. Menthol heavy for the major humidity and +90 temps. Using the cream is just super easy. Everything is good as far as product goes. The blade is leaving something to be desired. Tomorrow will be a different blade and probably a different razor. Thinking some sort of flare tip and a feather. This blade left 5 red dots.

7.3/10

KM

IMG_20200630_062332.jpg

Razor: Timeless Bronze TRBR38
Blade: Shark Super Stainless
Brush: Ever-Ready 250 Pure Badger Cased
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Long Rifle Brown Bess
Aftershave: Pinaud Virgin Islands Bay Rum
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Rating 9.5
20200406_090656.jpg

My Tuesday Afternoon Shave (I am on vacation this week)
First Pass WTG
Second Pass ATG / XTG
Razor: ERN 1915 SR
Pre-Pre-Shave: Suave Ocean Breeze hair conditioner in the shower
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red Cream, Sandalwood & Shea Butter
Brush: ACRIMAX badger
Soap: Col Conk Amber Glycerine
After Shave: Proraso Red Cream, Sandalwood & Shea Butter
Rating: 10/10 A DFS. Not BBS. A few minor nicks. But the process bumps it to a Ten.
  • First pass with the ERN was excellent! One nick as I lost concentration
  • Second pass was very good. I have only been doing WTG passes with my SR. I am starting to go ATG/XTG on my second pass and touch ups, instead of switching to a DE.
  • Overall result was a very even shave.

SOTD - 8.5 out of 10

Something special happened today. I got a pretty good shave with Arko. It works better for me if I scrape off a bit and bowl lather. I did run the stick lightly across my face before bringing the brush up to lather.

For me I think Arko is a summer soap. It really dried my skin out in winter. To combat that, I applied Thayer's WH then moisturizer and then my aftershave. Success! My face feels great after a 3 pass on 2 day growth.

2nd shave with the Treet Platinum and it performed just as well as shave #1.

Merkur 34c
Treet Platinum
Arko stick
Omega 636 silvertip
Fine bowl
Thayer's lavender WH
Neutrogena Moisturizer
Brut AS
Brut cologne
SOTD 20 6 30.jpg

Moisturizer.jpg

Razorock DE-1 with Gillette fat handle
Feather (1)
Semogue 620 boar brush
365 glycerin soap wash
Proraso White tub
Dickinson's witch hazel + rose water combo
Proraso White balm

Close shave; except for lip gouge, ow. 🦈

Decided to bring the DE-1 out of mothballs since we had been talking about it on the forum. In combination with Feathers, I usually get a great shave with this.

In a moment of carelessness, I nicked myself something fierce. I can't remember the last time that happened. Anyway, despite the DE-1 being similar to a Tech, it can bite if you are being an idiot. Just not as forgiving as the Tech.

Tuesday June 30

5AA237B4-3EAA-4ED9-AFB3-B5622A13E64E.jpeg

Pre: Shower, Boots cucumber facial wash & facial scrub

Razor: Mühle R41

Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic (4)

Brush: Gentleman’s Face Care Club - synthetic

Soap: Goodfellas’ Smile Abysso

Post-shave: Proraso Rinfrescante Lotion & Rosa Impex Men’s Master Professional Tea Tree and Menthol Aftershave Balm

Rating: 10/10

The Abysso soap is as good as the 5 others I’ve tried. I really enjoyed shaving with it. Decided to bowl lather it for a change and got as good results as I do when face lathering a Goodfellas’ Smile croap. Mühle R41 with a worn-in Wilkie Classic felt great.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200630
20200630_144150~2.jpg

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Silver Star (6)
Brush: Mondial 1908 Boar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Post-shave: Gentleman Jon Alum Block
Aftershave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Cologne: @OkieStubble Bootlegger's El Dorado

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ (very close to BBS) with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

The Fatip Lo Storto Originale impresses me more and more with each shave. Incredible razor.

Close, comfortable, effortless - a pleasure from start to finish. :)

Wonderful shave! :)

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Tuesday June 30

View attachment 1119937

Pre: Shower, Boots cucumber facial wash & facial scrub

Razor: Mühle R41

Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic (4)

Brush: Gentleman’s Face Care Club - synthetic

Soap: Goodfellas’ Smile Abysso

Post-shave: Proraso Rinfrescante Lotion & Rosa Impex Men’s Master Professional Tea Tree and Menthol Aftershave Balm

Rating: 10/10

The Abysso soap is as good as the 5 others I’ve tried. I really enjoyed shaving with it. Decided to bowl lather it for a change and got as good results as I do when face lathering a Goodfellas’ Smile croap. Mühle R41 with a worn-in Wilkie Classic felt great.

Abysso rules! I'll keep an eye out for the matching aftershave to hit North American vendor sites.

Like every day, shaving the head and face.

RAZOR : LUX nierdzewne

Triton

Nivea cream

AS - Cucumber fluid.

No brush only hand

Old Polish razor, nice shaves gently and quite effectively that I use it, for sure LUX is more effective than R89 (which I can't shave well) .....
I recently got this machine from my grandfather when he found it in the attic ... so I cleaned and disinfected ... works very well better than some modern machines.
good shaving - 8.0

IMG_20200701_065700~2.jpg

6/8 Wade & Butcher Frameback
B&M Bay Rum
24mm Graydog Boar
Miller Strop
CeraVe HA Serum
B&M Bay Rum AS

20200701_060800.jpg

"The unequalled justly famed patent frameback razor." nice shave with new restore this morn and my new bowl from Turkiye (Turkey.) no complaints today!!!!

10/10

be well all.

camo

Wed 1st SOTD
Soap RazoRock XXX
Bowl Red Nubs
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Gillette Slim Setting 9 & 7
Blade Polsilver Super Iridium 4th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Re-used again leftover soap in the nubs bowl from yesterday. Added some warm water...let it soak. Just a few swirl of the brush turns it into amazing creamy lather. Mild mild scent. Super nice application to face by brush. Added more water and became a nicely hydrated cushiony creaminess.
Shave with razor paired with blade was comfortable and smooth. Sharpish and no tuggings nor skipping. Clean cuts. 3+1 multiple passes with max setting 9 to 7. No weepers nor irritation especially on neck and under jawline. A really smooth shave. Not as efficient though. Between BBS to DFS results. Rating 9.5/10.
20200701_074215.jpg

Top Bottom