What's new

Tatara Nodashi vs. Blackland Blackbird

I'm a proud owner of polished Blackbird for couple of year. May be my most beloved razor in my collection. Friend loan me his Nodashi.
I'm amazed. Different feel but amazing shaver. May be better than Blackbird.
Now I'm confused. How it's possible.
Somebody experienced the same?
Nodachi-Matte-Closed.jpg

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Nope. I have the Blackbird and it's a great razor, albeit a little aggressive. I tried Tatara Nodachi and didn't like it at all.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Could you elaborate about the differences and similarities between the two?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Could you elaborate about the differences and similarities between the two?

The Blackbird have much more blade feel. They both shaves very close but Tatara a bit closer. The Tatara feels more like a regular razor while a Blackbird provides a very unique experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I ask you what exactly didn't you like about the Blackbird?
It was tuggy going against the grain on my head. Not at all comfortable. The Nodachi while being less aggressive is more effective where it matters for my shave. By the way the Dart is also more effective for me than its fancy sibling.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

The Blackbird have much more blade feel. They both shaves very close but Tatara a bit closer. The Tatara feels more like a regular razor while a Blackbird provides a very unique experience

Thanks for the comparison. Never tried the Blackbird but have tried all the Tatara combos. I assumed the BB gave a closer shave with all the reviews here. Tataras are real smooth with the way the blade is locked down tight and provide great ATG passes for me.

It was tuggy going against the grain on my head. Not at all comfortable. The Nodachi while being less aggressive is more effective where it matters for my shave. By the way the Dart is also more effective for me than its fancy sibling.

I found it exactly the reverse. I first had the Masamune, which I found to mild. Was hoping that the Nodachi would remedy that. I found it rather uncomfortable and less efficient than the BB. Sold both Tataras and kept the BB (which I rate very highly, among my very best razors)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Mi 9T Pro met Tapatalk

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!

Interesting about the Dart. Can you compare the Dart and BB?

For me the BB just felt too aggressive. It almost hurt to use it.

Interesting about the Dart. Can you compare the Dart and BB?

For me the BB just felt too aggressive. It almost hurt to use it.
Look how different are the two heads. The Bird has no bottom support and huge clamp distance. The Dart is the opposite. If you like a DE89 you'll like the Bird. If a Fatip or Old Type you'll like the Dart. How your beard or head stubble responds to the difference in rigidity isn't something a third party can predict.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Last edited:

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Are the two comparable in efficiency? Which top cap for the nodacho is more efficient?

Top Bottom