What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
This morning, as usual, I began with a good dose of Half and Half but it just wasn’t getting me where I wanted to go. Still desiring Burley, I chose a bit of Solani Aged Burley Flake generously provided by @brandaves and it took me to where I wanted to go. Beautiful smoke. This will go on my wish list. H & H is a good daily smoke, Pegasus is good but a bit rough around the edges but this one is so well rounded and full yet simple. Loving it.
Glad you're enjoying it. ABF is easily my favorite burley at the moment.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Glad you're enjoying it. ABF is easily my favorite burley at the moment.
I had some Haunted Bookshop today and it didn’t light my fire. I’m going to have some OJK tomorrow. I kind of liked it. I have an ounce each of the OJK brown and blue to compare yet. I’ll smoke one for a while then the other. It’s hard to tell smoking different tobaccos back to back. I’ve had to quit smoking my two favorites, H & H and Victoria on the same day otherwise neither are enjoyable. The Velvet should arrive tomorrow and I’m looking forward to a 100 year old blend.

Proper English in a Castello
IMG_20200626_232107.jpg

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Rather nice basket pipe I picked up a few years ago but never got around to breaking in. It is coming along nicely now. Just finished a couple of bowls of Match Walnut, an American English blend consisting of Burley, Cavendish, Kentucky, Latakia, Maryland, Turkish/Oriental and Virginia. Of the three, Walnut, Revelation and Epiphany, I prefer the Walnut
2F9B0059-6035-4DF8-AC30-12EEA8105C83.jpeg

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I found a pouch of Captain Black White in a drawer when I was packing up my desk. Must be at least five years old and I had never opened it so I started my day with it expecting the worst. Actually, I found it a quite pleasant full tasting smoke with very little nicotine. I don’t dislike it in the least but it really has no taste of tobacco. Very simple blend with a Vanillish flavor but that is about it. Would I buy it again? Probably not but I’ll try to finish the pouch. I do believe I would be allowed to smoke it in the house once resettled. On a surprising note, I was smoking Match Walmut on the patio yesterday when some smoke wafted into the house and my wife asked what I was smoking and said that it smelled wonderfully. Is it possible I have a rare wife who actually likes the scent of Latakia? Really strange. Midday I has some Escudo and, of course, finished the day with my beloved Half and Half.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
C&D Burley Flake #1 in a Sav 320 second. Absolutely wonderful smoke today sitting on my porch swing the morning after a big storm. The air is cool for summer and the breeze is light. Perfect conditions to enjoy a bowl!

Top Bottom