What's new

I missed my barber!

Ok, Im just going to say it, as much as I enjoyed cutting my own hair during quarantine and got quite good at it, I went back to my barber for the first time and it made me realize how much I missed it and how much I love my barber.
I missed sitting in the chair, talking to my barber about whats new in life, hearing whats new in her life, talking to her about life in general and just the whole social aspect of it.
I even told her about my plan to go to school to become a barber in the next year and she was so excited for me and told me that when I start going to school that I should talk to the owner of the shop so that I could come in all the time and just hang out and learn from everyone and then when I get done with school that I should totally get a job working in the shop with her and the others. She was so happy for me, excited for me and told me to come to her when the time come with any questions I might have or for advice. It was so nice of her.
It made me really realize that I really do want to go from being just another number working on the line in a factory to working in a barber shop where I know the people who's hair I cut, know a bit about their families and their lives, know everyone that I work with and just work in a more communal type of place.
It really reminded me to of how I could cut my own hair but I love the barber shop and how I want to be part of that, even if I only make half as much money as I do now.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I went to the barber, and I didn’t need to make an appointment. I heard that I needed to make one.
A good looking girl cut my hair right, and she was good at small talk. I enjoyed the cut, and it made my sister happy.

I went to the barber, and I didn’t need to make an appointment. I heard that I needed to make one.
A good looking girl cut my hair right, and she was good at small talk. I enjoyed the cut, and it made my sister happy.
My barber right now is doing appointment only and you have to wait out in your car until your barber calls or texts you and tells you that your chair is ready.
Thats to prevent people from congregating in the waiting area and to maintain social distance. Its also to give your barber proper time to clean and sanitize the chair and their tools between clients.
When I went, I was the only person in there and the shop was honestly clean enough that you could have eaten off of the floor if you wanted. I was a little anxious about going back but I feel pretty confident now and wont hesitate to go back again in a month like normal.

Top Bottom