What's new

I feel so dirty

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Ice cream is an extreme weakness of mine. I haven’t had any for over 3 years. The wife sent me to Baskin and Robbins for her weekly mango smoothie. I folded like a cheap card table and bought a pint of Butter Pecan. So wrong, and yet so right. Happy Father’s Day to me.

I added one scoop of scream every night for aprox 6w's (age 31) active life....result= 10lb gain!!!

So NO scream for me.... don't want diabetes in the equation.....

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
What mold is the Keith bullet? I just got a 125gr. Lee 2 cavity and so far it's proving a little finicky; lot's of wrinkles.
your bullets look real good.
I'm not that much of a dessert guy. Yeah Butter Pecan would be one of those odd exceptions.
These are unprecedented times and we're all in this together :)
I added one scoop of scream every night for aprox 6w's (age 31) active life....result= 10lb gain!!!

So NO scream for me.... don't want diabetes in the equation.....
Being stir crazy definitely played into it. I haven’t had any yet, but I hear it screaming my name

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Everything in moderation including moderation. Three years without ice-cream is a cruel and unusual punishment.

The wife and I have been indulging in affogato. I don't feel dirty at all.....I feel full.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Everything in moderation including moderation. Three years without ice-cream is a cruel and unusual punishment.

The wife and I have been indulging in affogato. I don't feel dirty at all.....I feel full.
I agree. It was good, but can go a few years or so without more.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

There's an exception to every rule ... including the one that says there's an exception to every rule.

Not a big sweet eater but succumbed to the need for a locale favorite from In-a-Tub, deepfried taco with powdered cheese... yummmmm
IMG_2741.JPG

Ice cream is an extreme weakness of mine. I haven’t had any for over 3 years. The wife sent me to Baskin and Robbins for her weekly mango smoothie. I folded like a cheap card table and bought a pint of Butter Pecan. So wrong, and yet so right. Happy Father’s Day to me.

I have to stay away from B&R.

We used to buy "quarter", or if there was room in the fridge, "half" cuts. These are a fourth or half of their BIG tubs of ice cream. They cut them with a steel wire.

You should have seen the looks on the faces of the "cone customers" as I struggled to wrangle 10 or more pounds out the door.

I will have to say, we were a LOT younger back then

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have to stay away from B&R.

We used to buy "quarter", or if there was room in the fridge, "half" cuts. These are a fourth or half of their BIG tubs of ice cream. They cut them with a steel wire.

You should have seen the looks on the faces of the "cone customers" as I struggled to wrangle 10 or more pounds out the door.

I will have to say, we were a LOT younger back then
I must say that I am proud of myself- I’ve only had two scoops so far. Of course with everything going on, I have to remind myself to eat. Just don’t have much of an appetite lately.

I must say that I am proud of myself- I’ve only had two scoops so far. Of course with everything going on, I have to remind myself to eat. Just don’t have much of an appetite lately.

We have not had ice cream in 5 or more years.

Now our desert is a bowl of yogurt

I love ice cream, but this year I started turning lactose intolerant.
Now I can't even have a single scoop without major issues. let's just leave it at that lol
Kinda sucks, but I guess i can't do much about it.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I do love my ice cream, but I'm pretty good about keeping it to a little at a time. I'm just happy with what might come out to about a half-scoop, if that. A tablespoon or two actually works fine much more often than not.

We make it at home from time to time, and we're also quite happy to pick up a pint or two (or three--especially with the boys at home). Mint chocolate chip probably is my favorite, but buttered pecan is waaaaaaay up near the top (coffee, too).

I'd say that my favorite that we've ever made at home was the peppermint chocolate chip, with both teeny, Guittard chips and crushed peppermint candy. Oh, baby. I would have more than tablespoon or two of that stuff, I tell you what.

I love a good bowl of ice cream. If there was a greater’s ice cream shop here in Naples Florida I’d be in heaven. I think fresh market and/or Whole Foods carries some of their pints but it’s just not as good

If your wife truly loved you & was concerned about your health, she'd go get her ice cream herself, saving you from the temptation.

Top Bottom