What's new

June 2020 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

After three weeks of Karve SS with SB-E and Personna, I worked up courage to load the Feather blade.
The trick is - no pressure. As in none whatsoever. Not bad at all.

Still in

Gillette 1966 L4 Slim
GSB (5)
Asylum Shave Works Royal Fougere
Vie-Long BGS 2012 Butterscotch Beehive in Natural Horse
Pinaud Clubman Citrus Musk

Still in

Gillette 1966 L4 Slim
GSB (6)
The Veg

still in.

gamechanger 68p
Bic chrome platinum (5?)
Zenith boar B02-28
A&E Forbidden Fruit soap and splash

Such a nice soap and fragrance. Excellent performance all around hardware and software. The scent of this one even pulled my wife away from from a conference call in the office across the hall, she had to get a better smell.
4386DEFC-EFDE-4234-B70B-B8B46BD202FE.jpeg

Hasty shave tonight. For no reason at all. Several smallish nicks on Adam's apple, suspect irritation will show up tomorrow morning. Meh. Didn't enjoy it. Long time since I had a shave that bad.
Tomorrow is another day. Carrying on, regardless.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Still in, but late on roll-call....sorry about that. Had a great daily double shave yesterday (Weck Wednesday) with a Weck Sextoblade using an OC guard for the first 2 passes and then the Schick Eversharp Fashion razor for the final pass and a little touch-up. Great day in the shave cave with a DFS+!!! Cream was Proraso blue and brush was Yaqi's Moka Express with a synth knot.
proxy.php

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
still in.

gamechanger 68p
Bic chrome platinum (5?)
Zenith boar B02-28
A&E Forbidden Fruit soap and splash

Such a nice soap and fragrance. Excellent performance all around hardware and software. The scent of this one even pulled my wife away from from a conference call in the office across the hall, she had to get a better smell.
View attachment 1117226
I am with you (and your wife) on this soap -- absolutely LOVE the scent, and the performance is nice as well. I'm also a fan of the "The Fall of Man" image by Hendrick Goltzius that he used....you can just make out the elephant in the distance (look beyond Adam's left hand), and the cat's expression is priceless. I'm not an AS guy, but I am tempted by that one.

Still in

Gillette 1966 L4 Slim
Lord Platinum (1)
Bootlegger's Green Freeze

Still in

Rockwell 6S
BIC Chrome Platinum
TOBS Coconut + MWF
Edwin Jagger Super Badger
Proraso white jar preshave
Gentleman Jim’s Alum Block
Nivea aftershave for Sensitive skin
CeraVe AM Moisturizer

Still in.

Repeat of yesterdays shave. I still struggle with PAA CK6 base either getting too little or in this case too much soap. I have enough lather in the bowl after today's shave for two more days. A total of 4 shaves worth from the bit i pressed into bowl.

I switched brushes today to a 24mm yaqi synthetic. I prefer to revive left over lather with synthetics.

And I’m out.... I almost feel ashamed.

I just negotiated a Blackland vector down to about half price with good supply of blades. I’m not going to lie, I’m interested for occasional use in my own rotation, but my primary drive was for my wife’s use. The wider blade and efficiency will make her happier, I think.

Either way, I’m out. Nearly a victory though. I have to admit I have enjoyed the process this month. I very well may try again in July. Best of luck and well wishes to the finishers.

Still in

Gillette NEW LC
Lord Platinum (2)
Pinaud Clubman

Top Bottom