What's new

Feather blades, love or hate?

I keep going back and forth with this blade, love and hate. One shave will be great, next is a blood bath. I use mild razors, yet this blade only seems to work in certain razors. Anyone else have this same opinion?

For me, Feathers are very consistent blades; very SHARP, totally unforgiving of any lapse in technique and not especially smooth or comfortable! Also, the sharpness fades faster than my personal top-tier blades.

But that’s me!! I can easily understand why many appreciate the Feathers. And, in some razors (like the AS/D2) Feathers just shine!! :a29:

I guess not.
I like Feather. It does the job well. I get the same results every time. “Consistent” is a good word for Feather blades.
Interestingly, most blades the second shave is the best but with a Feather blade it just goes slowly downhill from the first shave.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I was a "Feather Fan" initially, but I've since found blades I like better (Nacet, GSB, Voskhod, Astra Platinum). I'm still using them, but I'm careful with the razor I choose, as I agree that they are quite unforgiving when my technique is off and the razor is on the aggressive-side.

I like them. Tried one a week back in my Wilkinson Sword Classic (new) and had my best shave to date with the razor. I have however got a load of Nacets, Indian Gillette Wilkinson Swords, Gillette 7’o clock super stainless and Wilkinson Sword Classics to get through so it’ll be a while before I buy some more in any great quantity.

I neither love nor hate, kind of middle of the road.

In my experience they're undoubtedly sharp but I don't find them the sharpest blade out there (Gillette 7 o'clock sharpedge (yellow) takes that title. I don't find them particularly smooth though and, as others have pointed out, they go off the boil rather quickly.

Currently my go to blade is the polsilver's never tried a feather but definitely will get myself a 5 pack and see how it goes

I love Feather blades no matter what razor I put them in. I can get 30 shaves out of one blade. Not possible with any other blade I use. Perma Sharp, Personna Comfort Glide, Wilkinson Sword (Germany) or Shark Super Chrome. They can make any razor shave well. Very comfortable shave too.

Not the best, not the worst. They are sharp, but not extremely smooth and they lose their edge rather quickly.

Love their single edge Professional blades.

Id say that Im in the love camp. I find them to be sharp, fairly smooth and consistently good; you do have to use a gentle touch and a mild razor with them though.

I like them, but don't use them all that much. They shine in milder razors such as a Gillette Tech or Muhle R89. The sharpness level degrades quickly. In razors such as the Fatip Piccolo, I prefer blades such as the Silver Star, which is insanely cheap by comparison, though they last longer. You have to question the value you are getting from Feathers.

A few years ago I gave up and started using feathers nearly exclusively. I will dabble in others just for variety sake, but for all intensive purposes, feather is the only DE blade I use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom