What's new

Wolfman WR2 1.15 SB: First Shave Assessment

I received my WR2 1.15 SB yesterday and just got my maiden shave with it this morning. WOW. I have finally felt that awe sensation I felt with my first shave with the Timeless 95. Count me as a Wolfman convert.

Looks: Not much needs to be told here that hasn't already been said. I got the Basic Polished and it looks even better than the timeless polished. Amazing looking razor, you can really tell the craftsmanship here.

Shave Experience: Take this lightly, as this is just my first shave with it. This razor is SUPER SMOOTH, to the point you almost don't know if you are shaving or not, which could make judging the aggressiveness/efficiency a bit harder than with most razors. Feels as mild as a DE-89 during the shave, no joke. I was even trying to cut myself and couldn't. Its definitely a different shave experience than the Timeless 95 (which is smooth for me) or the blackbird. The WR2 1.15 has almost no noise during the shave, while the other 2 mentioned are very noisy, giving you some kind of "feedback" that you are cutting hair. But I quite enjoyed this different style of shave experience and I can see now why people call this as the smoothest razor that ever tried. I can attest to that.

Aggressiveness/Efficiency: This will be the hardest criteria to judge based on the incredible smoothness of the razor and the limited noise during the shave. If I was to judge the efficiency based on the "during the shave" feel, it seems this would be a bit milder than my Timeless 95 SB and much milder than the Blackbird SB (my other top 2 razors). I had to do more touch-ups than usual, but that could also be attributed to a lack of experience with it. Blade feel is almost non-existent as well. But only time will tell after I wait a few days to see how fast the hair grows back and I also need 3-4 more shaves with it to get a proper assessment on this. Nonetheless, I think I can definitely step up to 1.25 or 1.35 on my next WR2 (yes, I need another WR2). . At this point, if I had to make a guess on the first shave, I would say a Timeless 95 SB would be around a 1.25 and a Blackbird SB, around 1.35 (will update my assessment after few shaves)

Side Note: I ADORED the WRH7 handle, I bonded instantly with it during the shave. If I sell this razor to get a higher GAP WR2, I might need to keep the handle and only sell the head (as I also want a WRH3).

In Summary. I can't see myself ever been without a Wolfman WR2 in my den, instantly became a Top 3 razor for me. Whether is this 1.15 or 1.25 (or higher) is still up for debate, but a WR2 is 100% staying on my den forever. I'm super impressed with it.

Thanks for the great review! I am expecting my own WR2 to be shipped this week. I ordered the 1.05 upon a suggestion since I do prefer mild(er) shavers. For example, the Blackbird, while beautiful, scares me :)

I am considering shimming the 1.05 (eventually and if need be) to explore what a higher gap might feel like.

Thanks for the great review! I am expecting my own WR2 to be shipped this week. I ordered the 1.05 upon a suggestion since I do prefer mild(er) shavers. For example, the Blackbird, while beautiful, scares me :)

I am considering shimming the 1.05 (eventually and if need be) to explore what a higher gap might feel like.

They must be making ours at the same time. I also ordered 1.05.

I received my WR2 1.15 SB yesterday and just got my maiden shave with it this morning. WOW. I have finally felt that awe sensation I felt with my first shave with the Timeless 95. Count me as a Wolfman convert.

Looks: Not much needs to be told here that hasn't already been said. I got the Basic Polished and it looks even better than the timeless polished. Amazing looking razor, you can really tell the craftsmanship here.

Shave Experience: Take this lightly, as this is just my first shave with it. This razor is SUPER SMOOTH, to the point you almost don't know if you are shaving or not, which could make judging the aggressiveness/efficiency a bit harder than with most razors. Feels as mild as a DE-89 during the shave, no joke. I was even trying to cut myself and couldn't. Its definitely a different shave experience than the Timeless 95 (which is smooth for me) or the blackbird. The WR2 1.15 has almost no noise during the shave, while the other 2 mentioned are very noisy, giving you some kind of "feedback" that you are cutting hair. But I quite enjoyed this different style of shave experience and I can see now why people call this as the smoothest razor that ever tried. I can attest to that.

Aggressiveness/Efficiency: This will be the hardest criteria to judge based on the incredible smoothness of the razor and the limited noise during the shave. If I was to judge the efficiency based on the "during the shave" feel, it seems this would be a bit milder than my Timeless 95 SB and much milder than the Blackbird SB (my other top 2 razors). I had to do more touch-ups than usual, but that could also be attributed to a lack of experience with it. Blade feel is almost non-existent as well. But only time will tell after I wait a few days to see how fast the hair grows back and I also need 3-4 more shaves with it to get a proper assessment on this. Nonetheless, I think I can definitely step up to 1.25 or 1.35 on my next WR2 (yes, I need another WR2). . At this point, if I had to make a guess on the first shave, I would say a Timeless 95 SB would be around a 1.25 and a Blackbird SB, around 1.35 (will update my assessment after few shaves)

Side Note: I ADORED the WRH7 handle, I bonded instantly with it during the shave. If I sell this razor to get a higher GAP WR2, I might need to keep the handle and only sell the head (as I also want a WRH3).

In Summary. I can't see myself ever been without a Wolfman WR2 in my den, instantly became a Top 3 razor for me. Whether is this 1.15 or 1.25 (or higher) is still up for debate, but a WR2 is 100% staying on my den forever. I'm super impressed with it.
Your report was very helpful. Thank you! I’m in the que for a Wolfman. For me, I think the Timeless 0.95 is the sweet spot in efficiency for me. So it sounds like 1.25 might be what I’m looking for.

In my experience, my Ti 0.95 SB is extremely close to my Rex Ambassador at 2.5. I can squeeze out one ATG pass at 3, but higher settings or more passes at 3 leaves me with regret.

Please report back if your assessment changes. Congrats on the Wolfie!

Great review of a great razor. I've never experienced a more efficient razor than the WR2, and I only have the .95 blade gap.

I've done about 9 or 10 shaves with my WR2 and am still undecided on whether or not I'm going to keep it. It's a great razor that's smooth and super efficient, but just not sure it's for me since I really like the ultra forgiving nature of my Feather AS-D2 and to a somewhat lesser extent, my Timeless .68 SB. With that said, the WR2 destroys either of those razors in terms of efficiency, so it's bringing something to the table that I don't get with the others.

I have the 1.25 WR2 SB and to me it still has less blade feel than a Timeless 0.95, at least the OC version. Really fantastic head design.
That’s interesting, because my WR2 1.15 SB, while very smooth, definitely has more blade feel than my Timeless .95 SB.

Last edited:
One thing I have come to learn about the WR2 is that it shaves more efficiently than it may seem. While my 95SB is uber smooth, it is plenty efficient for me and since I want this as a daily razor (why would I want to buy a Wolfman and then be able to use it only once a week). Best of luck with your new acquisition.

Damn it! I knew I shouldn't have read this post! I was all set to order Timeless Ti .95 before my birthday in October. Ugh! Ok guys, how do I get the WR2 rolling? Just email?

PLEASE post more updates and seriously congrats on the stellar addition to your den !

Damn it! I knew I shouldn't have read this post! I was all set to order Timeless Ti .95 before my birthday in October. Ugh! Ok guys, how do I get the WR2 rolling? Just email?

PLEASE post more updates and seriously congrats on the stellar addition to your den !
Go to the Wolfman website and fill out the Google order form. It’ll be a year-plus wait.

Your report was very helpful. Thank you! I’m in the que for a Wolfman. For me, I think the Timeless 0.95 is the sweet spot in efficiency for me. So it sounds like 1.25 might be what I’m looking for.

In my experience, my Ti 0.95 SB is extremely close to my Rex Ambassador at 2.5. I can squeeze out one ATG pass at 3, but higher settings or more passes at 3 leaves me with regret.

Please report back if your assessment changes. Congrats on the Wolfie!

Yes sir, Definitely go for 1.25 (or even 1.35 I think) if you want timeless 95 results and efficiency. It will also be even smoother than timeless 95 (and I thought that wasnt possible)

That’s interesting, because my WR2 1.15 SB, while very smooth, definitely has more blade feel than my Timeless .95 SB.
what angle do you use on it?(since this could change the aggressiveness on some razors). For my first shave with it, I used my typical pretty neutral angle. But I heard many use a very steep angle with the WR2, so that's what I will try on my next shave with it to see if efficiency changes with a steep angle.

Perhaps it's illusory to a degree. I find the WR2 smoother and also more forgiving, so I may be perceiving it as having less blade feel when really it's just more forgiving of error.

Yes sir, Definitely go for 1.25 (or even 1.35 I think) if you want timeless 95 results and efficiency. It will also be even smoother than timeless 95 (and I thought that wasnt possible)
what angle do you use on it?(since this could change the aggressiveness on some razors). For my first shave with it, I used my typical pretty neutral angle. But I heard many use a very steep angle with the WR2, so that's what I will try on my next shave with it to see if efficiency changes with a steep angle.
Another vote for the 1.25! Thank you again kind sir. I know that’s @Hannah's Dad ’s favorite. Not sure if it matters, but my point of reference is the titanium Timeless 0.95 SB. So I’m guessing the 1.25 is still my best bet. If it is more efficient and less blade feel than 1.15...it sounds like a dream. I’ve got some time to think about it—just signed up in April. Normally, when the razor permits, I’m a steep angle shaver, not quite to the point of riding the bar—probably 30 degrees off parallel on average.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Another vote for the 1.25! Thank you again kind sir. I know that’s @Hannah's Dad ’s favorite. Not sure if it matters, but my point of reference is the titanium Timeless 0.95 SB. So I’m guessing the 1.25 is still my best bet. If it is more efficient and less blade feel than 1.15...it sounds like a dream. I’ve got some time to think about it—just signed up in April. Normally, when the razor permits, I’m a steep angle shaver, not quite to the point of riding the bar—probably 30 degrees off parallel on average.
Indeed it WAS, my favorite — I just recently traded up to a 1.55 SB. I haven’t quite decided if the 1.55 is just too much for daily use; the 1.25 is perfection as a daily shaver. It’s a good thing I’m on the Wolfman list again, because I may need to replenish the 1.25!

Top Bottom