What's new

June Photo Challenge - Close

Trying to come up with another challenge that should be possible to do in a restricted environment.

Close; get close to something.
Close doesn't mean it has to be a macro shot, macro shots are welcome but not required. This challenge can be done with any equipment capable of taking a photo, just get close to the subject.

Inspiration can be found here: 100 close up pictures

And the standard rules for the contest:

• Winner of the previous months challenge picks new theme and starts thread.
  • You must be the photographer.
  • One entry per month.
  • Competition runs until the 19th of the Month.
  • Voting runs from the 20th - 26th.
  • The person with the most votes is the winner.
  • The winner chooses next month’s subject

proxy.php

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I hope this does not happen to folks, but wood peckers have started to find ways to amplify their location by going to eve troughs in the neighborhood and peck away to locate their mates. BUT the little rascals will do it usually around 4-6 am in the morning up north this time of year because we get more daylight than down south who are closer to the Ecuador.(June 25th we can see light 21 hrs- farmers grow large amounts of food because crops get more sun light!) So I put the owl out first and it did not even register with them. Then I found this steel cat and got it wedged in the eve trough and looks real enough from a distance(Scare crow effect I was thinking :lol: ) When I first put it out the little pecker came by and gave a few pecks of approval.(at least it was at a civilized hr-1 pm.)1st morning with out these peckers waking me up and the Mrs.:a17: Hope you get a few laughs out of it.
Woody Pecket 1 .jpg
Woody Pecker 2.jpg

Life can be interesting at times!

Reactions: shm
I hope this does not happen to folks, but wood peckers have started to find ways to amplify their location by going to eve troughs in the neighborhood and peck away to locate their mates. BUT the little rascals will do it usually around 4-6 am in the morning up north this time of year because we get more daylight than down south who are closer to the Ecuador.(June 25th we can see light 21 hrs- farmers grow large amounts of food because crops get more sun light!) So I put the owl out first and it did not even register with them. Then I found this steel cat and got it wedged in the eve trough and looks real enough from a distance(Scare crow effect I was thinking :lol: ) When I first put it out the little pecker came by and gave a few pecks of approval.(at least it was at a civilized hr-1 pm.)1st morning with out these peckers waking me up and the Mrs.:a17: Hope you get a few laughs out of it.
View attachment 1114898 View attachment 1114899
Life can be interesting at times!
Scary enough looking cat!

Top Bottom