What's new

Hawk V3 OC is a Stainless 'Steal'

Seriously, at just under $60, this all stainless AC is an incredible value. I'm not a huge fan of the owners, but they make damn good products and thus deserve my money and the cred.

I have the standard V3 as well, but the OC shaves like a dream. All those teeth make my face feel like it's getting a massage. It's mild and efficient and the rigidity keeps my beloved AC blades sharper for longer.

Compared to other AC single edge razors, the only thing I don't love about it is the weight but it's hardly worth noting, considering the Vector, which is loved by many (including myself), is underweighted and thus could be similarly scrutinized.

Hawk V3 is worth the money, y'all!

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Couldn't agree more. I wasn't looking for one, but a lightly used one dropped into my lap and it's my very first AC razor. I was blown away by how efficient this razor is, and I think your observation of the "massage" from the teeth is quite accurate.....so if someone is looking for a razor that they barely know is there when they're shaving, this isn't it. Between the teeth and the blade feel (plus the weight), you definitely know it's there. That said, it hasn't given me a single weeper, nick or any post-shave irritation or sensitivity; but it has given me an extraordinarily close shave every time. This is one of those rare razors (for me) that gives me a CCS in a single pass, DFS in the next pass, and a light 3rd pass produces a 14+ hour BBS. I'm not sure that I'll be chasing anymore AC razors since (for a change) I feel like I "nailed it" with this one.

Couldn't agree more. I wasn't looking for one, but a lightly used one dropped into my lap and it's my very first AC razor. I was blown away by how efficient this razor is, and I think your observation of the "massage" from the teeth is quite accurate.....so if someone is looking for a razor that they barely know is there when they're shaving, this isn't it. Between the teeth and the blade feel (plus the weight), you definitely know it's there. That said, it hasn't given me a single weeper, nick or any post-shave irritation or sensitivity; but it has given me an extraordinarily close shave every time. This is one of those rare razors (for me) that gives me a CCS in a single pass, DFS in the next pass, and a light 3rd pass produces a 14+ hour BBS. I'm not sure that I'll be chasing anymore AC razors since (for a change) I feel like I "nailed it" with this one.
Yes! Spot on!

I agree. The OC is one of the most efficient razors I've ever used, and the OP is right about "getting a massage" with the open comb. You feel those teeth gliding on your face, but it's a pleasant feeling, really unique. This razor is a winner and Razorock makes top products for relatively little money. Highly recommended.

BTW, this gives easy BBS in 2 1/2 passes (2 passes, plus some very light buffing on my neck). And it lasts until late afternoon. Can't say it's better than my MMOC, but it is at least as good, which is high praise since I firmly believe MMOC is one of the best razors ever made.

I appreciate the impressions. I've yet to ever try a razor in OC configuration that I preferred over its SB configuration, but I am somewhat intrigued by the Hawk OC (I haven't even tried the SB variants yet).

I appreciate the impressions. I've yet to ever try a razor in OC configuration that I preferred over its SB configuration, but I am somewhat intrigued by the Hawk OC (I haven't even tried the SB variants yet).
I'm not that taken by OC plates either, except the MMOC. This one called to me for some reason and I'm really glad I acquired it.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
What is the difference between the A plate and the OC plate?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I'm interested in migrating from my General V1 to either the General V2 or the Hawk V3OC. Anyone here have any experience with the General and how the shaves compare?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The General V2 and the RR V3-OC are currently my favorite AC-based SE razors.

Slight nod to the General V2.

Never used the General V1.

Top Bottom