What's new

June Updates: New Handle and Cap leather, New "Plain" Logos

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
Just a quick update on what is new in the shop. I have started using a new heavy black Wickett & Craig latigo leather for all handles and caps now and feel the deep black coloring looks noce with all the leather types I have to offer.

I also changed the logo on my Plain series from the simply USA stamp to either a Steerhead or Horsehead logo to help identify the leather. Still all USA made in my shop but wanted a more identifiable marking for the leather types. All strops also get my ink stamped logos on the backside and Horween tanned leather carries the Horween marking as well.

IMG_3035 (1).JPG

IMG_3197.JPG

Looks great. I need to get another one of your strops soon. The Steerdovan is just amazing and still one of my favorite strops. The new black caps, are those what I got from you? The ones I got are really nice, and if they are not the new ones I cant imagine what the new ones would look like since these are so nice. I also love the flax linen I got from you. I think of every type of secondary I have tried that is my favorite. Which I need another one from you soon as well. The parker latigo has the nylon secondary and I am just not a fan of it at all. I also think I'm going to want another 2 1/2" linen. But I will message you once I decide.

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
Looks great. I need to get another one of your strops soon. The Steerdovan is just amazing and still one of my favorite strops. The new black caps, are those what I got from you? The ones I got are really nice, and if they are not the new ones I cant imagine what the new ones would look like since these are so nice.

Pretty sure yours were made from the black Steerdovan. The lew ones are a much heavier weight black latigo, usually around 10oz leather and make for a sturdier handle.

Pretty sure yours were made from the black Steerdovan. The lew ones are a much heavier weight black latigo, usually around 10oz leather and make for a sturdier handle.

Well I love it no matter what it is. One thing I have said before in the steerdovan thread that I want to reiterate now. One look at your products and its evident you put your passion into every piece you make.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Well I love it no matter what it is. One thing I have said before in the steerdovan thread that I want to reiterate now. One look at your products and its evident you put your passion into every piece you make.
Well said. Beautiful work.

Top Bottom