My Gerbault!

100_2884.JPG

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200604
Razor: Stahly w/RR Ti Halo Handle
20200604_111651~2.jpg

I did not even attempt to use the stock, battery powered handle on the Stahly. Used with the RR Ti Halo Handle, the Stahly is nicely balanced and produced a really nice, smooth and comfortable shave. This is really a cool little razor. I will definitely be shaving with the Stahly again!

My Gerbault!

I just spent two days going through this entire thread. I'm not a vintage guy but I am fascinated by these vintage non-Gillettes. Very cool. Way cooler than the standard Gillettes.

I have a stupid question about the Gerbaults. I wasn't going to ask a dumb question but I couldn't find anything with a quick internet search and decided 90% of people on the internet are stupid anyway so I'm asking. Call me dumb. What are the two containers that are in some Gerbault sets? Are they for storing a soap stick and brush or something totally different?

Gerbault.JPG

I just spent two days going through this entire thread. I'm not a vintage guy but I am fascinated by these vintage non-Gillettes. Very cool. Way cooler than the standard Gillettes.

I have a stupid question about the Gerbaults. I wasn't going to ask a dumb question but I couldn't find anything with a quick internet search and decided 90% of people on the internet are stupid anyway so I'm asking. Call me dumb. What are the two containers that are in some Gerbault sets? Are they for storing a soap stick and brush or something totally different?

View attachment 1110013

Yes. That’s exactly correct. Brush and soap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And adjustable, nice. I think I get why the lower pin hole is oval (adjustability) but why is the plate asymetric?

Adam
I think I figured out, Adam, what that part of the plate that "juts out" does (besides making the plate asymmetric in shape). Turns out that this "jut" is a good place to grab the razor, in order to remove the razor blade from the razor without drawing blood. If you grab the razor at "the jut", the cap, blade and plate just "burst apart" effortlessly. At least one other method of changing the blade may result in blood (my research reveals). You see, the "standard modern razor blade readily available everywhere" does indeed "fit" this razor, but the blade "cocks" under a slight tension when inserted (similar to some Lecoq's, the Shavex razor, and likely many other razors). I've noticed that the result of this slight tension on the blade makes for a razor which is highly sensitive, and very "audible". This Klappitt is no different. I've tried shaving with it without paying much regard to which way the razor is actually pointing (which, unsurprisingly, makes a huge difference). You do need to be on your toes (almost literally). Some strange shaving angles can indeed be explored. The result is a "glass-like smoothness". And some blood.

Spanish Invasion
Maravilla Basculante - Palmera No 7 - Iro Sistema Oblicuo

View attachment 1079968

Greetings Clouds! Glad to hear that your efforts have resulted in the successful tracking down of a "No.7 Adjustable Palmera razor" all for yourself! Here's a few photos of a Spanish Palmera that's lately managed to invade my den. I call it the "66" because that is the number that is stamped on both the cap and the plate, not sure if that is correct at all. It's now part of my very small collection of "beefy" combs:

Palmera %2266%22 Razor, Spain1.JPG Palmera %2266%22 Razor, Spain4.JPG Palmera %2266%22 Razor, Spain7.JPG Palmera %2266%22 Razor, Spain8.JPG

Top Bottom