What's new

2020-2024 Leap Year Restraint/2020s Restraint (10 years)

@RTM and @Macduff, I assumed I was out due to paying for shipping and purchased a Fatip slant which is currently in the Netherlands.

This was the ruling in the yearly as well.

BOSC;AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA

Hi,

The next one will Save you from going Out! :)

Stan

Water Heater

Out Of Kilter

Try The Brushless

Whisker

Wilter

Burma-Shave

Hmm, when I look days that I skipped shaving over the last several years (7 days since 2014). I have missed days due to crossing the international date line, traveling light to drive home with son in winter and one long day drive became two due to snow. The rest of the days I missed were because the well was not running due to power outages.

So far lack of a water heater has not caused me grief.

Hi,

There was a classic Out some years ago due to a water heater. Hence, the reference. It wouldn't bother me, either. I replaced an electric tank heater with a gas on-demand one a few years back. While in the Restraint as well. And, I didn't call myself Out because, while I use the 125 degree water for shaving, I don't *need* to use it. :)

As I think on it, if you buy Burma-Shave so you don't need the water heater, you are Out anyway! :p

Stan

Last year I built an awesome new shave den and didn't call myself out. SWMBO would say it is the house I had promised her for about ... uh 25 years. Hauling the single wide that was well past the expiration date to the dump was one of the high points of last year for me.

In the mobile hot water would take so long to get to the sink that I just saved with cold water. I now have quick access to hot water but since I was in the habit of using cold water that is what I still do.

Ruckin

Hi,

They are fun to go back thru again. It has been a long time since I have seen these myself. Most of which I don't recall. :)

Stan

So since @GaryTha is no longer keeping a list, i figured i’d pick up the torch and keep a tally of everyone who’s still in on this. If your name is on here and you’ve dropped out just say so and i’ll update it. I also started thinking that perhaps these challenges should have some kind of reward? I was thinking along the lines of whoever is in at the end of the 4 and 10 year, buy your favorite soap and gift it to someone who made it through the challenge. After 4 years, i’m sure we’ll all be quite familiar with the soaps we loved (and hated) so whatever we find to be the best should really be top notch. I think it’d be a good way to end a lengthy sabbatical and also let someone else try out a product that you were really amped about. And yes, i know it’d technically violate the rules for those staying in the 10 year but i think those left would welcome a small concession. If there’s an odd number of people at the end i’ll volunteer to double up on the PIF. Please feel free to say you think it’s a bad idea as well. I just think it’d be cool to have something to look forward to at the end. So without further ado, here’s the list of who’s still in:

Leap Year Restraint
1. @GaryTha
2. @Chandu
3. @Pepin
4. @byDoms
5. @Ruva
6. @jamesearthdrum
7. @Macduff
8. @RTM
9. @martym
10. @deafficianado
11. @Sotiris_A
12. @JeffJ
13. @StAnger667
14. @Thomas Darkblade
15. @RVshave
16. @JAHE
17. @tsimmns
18. @ruckin
19. @Ryanshh
20. @KQY61
21. @phelix
22. @Teuse

2020s Restraint
1. @GaryTha
2. @byDoms
3. @martym
4. @Ruva
5. @Chandu
6. @deafficianado
7. @RTM
8. @Sotiris_A
9. @JeffJ
10. @Macduff
11. @Thomas Darkblade
12. @RVshave
13. @JAHE
14. @tsimmns
15. @ruckin
16. @Ryanshh
17. @KQY61

I am still in both leap year and decade restraint, no temptation at all.

I am not sure it is a good idea to have a reward for those surviving the restraints. The main reason I joined is that buying soaps somehow got out of hand and I ended up with way too many soaps. These restraints are for me the best way to stop hunting for the next best soap and concentrate first on using all the soaps I am already hoarding.

The idea to get rewarded with a soap for not having bought additional soaps during the restraint is not really what I am looking for, especially as at the current pace I might well still have quite a few unopened soaps around by the end of the decade.

Top Bottom