What's new

Too Canadian? Sorry.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
A. H. Davenport was a furniture company. They had a line of sofas they called Davenports. In some regions it became a generic term for a sofa.

Chesterfield is a particular style of sofa. (Think large comfy gentlemen's club sofas and chairs) It really is not documented but people speculate that the style was named after the Earl of Chesterfield who commissioned it for his residence "Chesterfield House" . In some areas of Canada settled by people of British origin it became common to call all sofas Chesterfields.

Aren't you glad you asked? :eek2:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Is it possible that there was too much maple syrup consumed and broke out in a rash of apologizing?

Well, a rash of something "Canadian" broke out ...

1594078341422.png

The mods merged my legit question into oblivion with something totally different, then promptly closed the thread...so you may be on to something as I am also Canadian....
:popc:

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
I'm more a fan of the check on Dornhoefer ... but still ...
Yes, that too 😆

... didn’t like the Philadelphia Failures as a youngster & grew to loathe them even more when my Rockies morphed into the Devils. And then there was the joy of watching Robinson further hone Scott Stevens’ game. I could go on & on...

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Can you see them all when you are up on top of your house's r'ff?
My buddy that dropped off ANOTHER load of White Oak on the 4th of July! is a Canadian. I swear, I'd pay cash money just to talk to him, lol. My mom's from Kentucky, back in the hills, and when I was little, before everyone had TV to teach them they had an accent, I swear they spoke a foreign language! Mom literally had to translate for the first few days of a vacation!

If everyone in Canada is as nice as my buddy, maybe I should move, if they'd have me. He has more wood coming, and what he's HAND DELIVERED is worth about $250 dog gone! He and my lovely bride unloaded it.

I'm a blessed man, but it's hard being a spectator. Lol, he even mentioned hating quitting playing church softball for the same reason I had to: it's impossible to hit a double and be happy with a single!

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
The mods merged my legit question into oblivion with something totally different, then promptly closed the thread...so you may be on to something as I am also Canadian....
:popc:

There have been a fair number of Canadian Moderators. I doubt it is an anti Canadian thing.

Top Bottom