What's new

Is It Only A Man Thing?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Most Asian women have little body hair so rarely need to shave. None of my girlfriends shave.

With the right edge and good technique, SR shaving gives a very comfortable and irritation/damage free shave. I was just wondering, does your wife and/or girlfriend(s) use a SR to shave?

Not mine. I have asked if she wanted to try one of mine, as I have several really short shorties... she thought I was insane. :-/

She uses a Parker 29L.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
If I may ask, how many girlfriends do you have and how do you get away with it?
I normally keep about three. I am not and never married, with no children that I know of.

Each girl lives on a separate island and none on my island (Mactan). A girl is only allowed to visit me with my prior permission. Things have been rather quite during our lockdown but are slowly improving.

My girls know of each other, but never meet. That creates fights. I think the secret here is that when one of my girls is with me, she gets my total undivided attention and affection. They all, however, have to share that with my dog, Lexie.

I am not a great believer in monogamy, for either myself or my girlfriends.

With that much non-commitment, I hope you're taking the necessary precautions. ;-) But to answer the original query, when I graduated to straights many years ago, my wife inherited my measly collection of 2-3 DEs, and that is what she uses to shave her legs, if and when she shaves her legs (limited pretty much to when she heads out to the beach, so as not to shock others). Not a problem for me as I went to art school in the '80s when the art of Egon Schiele was very much in fashion. She has, ahem, absolutely no interest in straights.

Like actually being here in the Philippines, it's very rare to see a man doing SR, for sure the more with women.

But have you had an opportunity to introduce it to your girlfriends?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I switched to straights so that my wife would stop using my razor. So far it’s working well.
Lol, don't let her see that video, as it sure looks easier than shaving a face. She'll steal yer straight fer sure my friend!

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Like actually being here in the Philippines, it's very rare to see a man doing SR, for sure the more with women.

But have you had an opportunity to introduce it to your girlfriends?
An old Filipino friend of mine told me it was reasonably common for Filipinos (not Filipinas) to shave with a disposable blade SR about 40 or 50 years ago, particularly with poorer Filipinos, as it was the cheapest form of shaving.

As for my girlfriends, they are fascinated to watch me shave but are scared to even touch a SR.

An old Filipino friend of mine told me it was reasonably common for Filipinos (not Filipinas) to shave with a disposable blade SR about 40 or 50 years ago, particularly with poorer Filipinos, as it was the cheapest form of shaving.

As for my girlfriends, they are fascinated to watch me shave but are scared to even touch a SR.

hmm... that's about right, I've heard some actually uses an actual bolo knife to shave during the older times.

But during these modern times, what's pretty common is a disposable razor being used for longer periods of time.

One of my daughter uses a straight I restored for her for her legs. A vintage Solingen blade.
I got her some CrOx to put on a strop to maintain the edge a bit, but I expect that blade will be back for honing from time to time.

Nope. When I shaved with a straight or shavette, my wife wouldnt touch it and no way in heck would she have ever shaved with it.
She has used one of my DEs once or twice when she was out of her razors but she would never switch to one because she leaves her razors in the shower and would never take care of it. She prefers those cheap little single blade disposables that you can get at the dollar store. The cheaper, the better because she leaves them in a soap dish in the shower and they just rust anyways.

Top Bottom