What's new

Worcestershire sauce

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I mixed some Hendo's into some leftover chopped beef I warmed up.

Oh, baby! We're gonna do that again!

Something I like about the Hendo's is that it seems to blend in more than Worcestershire.

I love Marmite.

Me, too. More fantastic umami. It's great on all sorts of stuff, and it works real magic in stews and gravies.

Vegemite is nice, but a little sweeter tasting - Only Marmite has that unique taste of iron filings in sauce .... and i love it 😍

I guess you guys won't be able to get Marmite XO Stateside ? Its quite hard to find in the UK, being exclusive to Tesco Supermarkets - quite an amazing taste tho

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Vegemite is nice, but a little sweeter tasting - Only Marmite has that unique taste of iron filings in sauce .... and i love it 😍

I guess you guys won't be able to get Marmite XO Stateside ? Its quite hard to find in the UK, being exclusive to Tesco Supermarkets - quite an amazing taste tho

The Marmite XO is new to me. So that's like.... concentrated Marmite???

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I mixed some Hendo's into some leftover chopped beef I warmed up.

Oh, baby! We're gonna do that again!

Something I like about the Hendo's is that it seems to blend in more than Worcestershire.

Me, too. More fantastic umami. It's great on all sorts of stuff, and it works real magic in stews and gravies.
I think that L&P may be a bit overpowering in some instances. Some may not like that.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
My 3 second review. And I buy L&P and HP in large quantities.

L&P has some peppery heat pretty thin
HP has a lot of tang and is fairly thick
A1 is a lot like HP thick as well but less tang
Henderson's is vinegary and pretty thin

All good to me.

Ad Astra

The Instigator

Love the Marmite! Hate paying almost $6 for the jar; I kill that thing in a weekend.

What I need, is more wishta-shishta-shire sauce recipes. I tend to only use it on steaks.

AA

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
What I need, is more wishta-shishta-shire sauce recipes. I tend to only use it on steaks.

Soups
Stews
Roast veg
Cheese on toast
Turkey sandwiches
Marinades (essential ingredient for good devilled pork chops, as is Coleman's English mustard)
Chilli
Omelette
Bolognaise

In fact, leave it off your cornflakes, and go wild with everything else :lol: If it's something you might add salt and pepper to, there's a fair chance Lea and Perrins or Hendos might work.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Excellent! :thumbup: Glad you enjoyed it, Steve.
If you don’t mind my asking, what is your name? I knew it at one time but neglected to take note of it.
As we’re on the subject. Has anyone tried Branston Pickle? It’s kind of a chutney that’s often served with a ploughmans lunch?
It goes great with cheese.
Actually, I have. I believe I saw it in an episode or Midsomer Murders or some such thing somehow found it. bought it and just didn't quite get into it. It came across as a bit odd. Henderson's Relish - now that's another story altogether.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Hang in . . . scrolllllll way back . . . .

Deviled pork chops? Please elaborate @AimlessWanderer

Marinated pork chops. I cook them in the oven in a shallow cast iron casserole. There's various recipes for them, but I tend to throw in Hendo's (obviously), Colemans English mustard, lemon or lime juice, depending on what I've got, chilli (powder or paste), and either brown sugar or honey.

Marinade, cook, scoff, grin.

Top Bottom